Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One reason the UKgov only counts hospital deaths, they're trying to hide the true numbers, which may be 5 times the official figure.

As of 19.04.2020 the official UK death toll is 15464. If thee claims in the article above are correct, that would put the actual figure at over 70 000. The Italian death toll is 23227 and Spain is 20043. Germany, which does include care homes, is currently reporting 4924 deaths.

No amount of blaming people for not following the guidelines can cover this.

I am sorry Andy but you have totally misread the article. The five times estimate is for the deaths in care homes, not total Covid-19 deaths. It is still bad, and totally unacceptable, but 'only' adds about 6000 to the total, not the 55,000 you imply.

Your default position seems to be 'UK approach bad' and you appear to look, in this case, for possible 'facts' to support that position.

The facts are bad enough without making them up.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Until it arrives and is unpacked and tested it go good to anyone anyway.
Last week a massive orders on it's way from China turned out to be only 24,000
Have our lot bought a load of Chinese fakes to distract from the shortages with a good old "naughty Chinese con artists" story yet like some other governments are suspected of doing?

I am sorry Andy but you have totally misread the article. The five times estimate is for the deaths in care homes, not total Covid-19 deaths. It is still bad, and totally unacceptable, but 'only' adds about 6000 to the total, not the 55,000 you imply.

Ah, that makes far more sense, thanks for the correction; the basic problem that I'm not that good at maths...

Last edited:
I was going to click "like" then you included that unnecessary personal attack :sad:

Would you consider removing it so I can, please? I'll then delete this.

Perhaps it was unnecessarily ott, but I'll keep it in just to show my nasty side.

Of course I'm not going to change it just for one like, what sort of boy do you think I am? 😉

Blue Hills said:
I think you need to get the tinfoil out.
And use what's left to up your tart baking.
Your other use of the word "tart" i"m not going to object to.
It's just pathetic.
Enjoy your tarts.
I

I do enjoy my tarts, its what I call the wife as well 🤣
You can call the wife what you want if she's into it -no probs at all - but use certain terms about others and naturally could be interpreted certain ways. And appear to say things about you.

and I still think you are indulging in conspiracy theories - hence my justified tinfoil comment.

What would you have liked to happen ?

The gathering to be broken up

The gathering to be broken up whilst the police practice social distancing ?

In general the stay at home message is being well observed in a country of 67m those disobeying it are numbering hundreds - per a police spokesman.

We are loosing around 800 people a day and our NHS staff are running out of protective equipment - a few people standing on a bridge for 5 minutes tops - shouldn't IMO being anywhere near the top of things to worry about.
Whatever

I

You can call the wife what you want if she's into it -no probs at all - but use certain terms about others and naturally could be interpreted certain ways. And appear to say things about you.

and I still think you are indulging in conspiracy theories - hence my justified tinfoil comment.
Not sure how pointing out a fact is conspiracy theory but..... Whatever

Stephenite

Membå
Have our lot bought a load of Chinese fakes to distract from the shortages with a good old "naughty Chinese con artists" story yet like some other governments are suspected of doing?
Are you making that up?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I wish. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/coronavirus-outbreak.256913/post-5948899 is the fakes story I posted about. I can't find the accusation it was deliberate just now. I thought someone reporting news from another country (maybe @marinyork @Andy in Germany @Unkraut or another) had seen it elsewhere too. Either there's a lot of scammers and a lot of gullible government purchasing officers, or something a bit odd is happening.
I can't provide a link as it was on an internal work email, but the MHRA have issued a warning about fake "CE" certificates being used by the less scrupulous Chinese manufacturers of PPE.

Stephenite

Membå
You're linking to your own post and, what appears to be, a screenshot of a tv screen. I did post something myself a couple of weeks ago maybe https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/coronavirus-outbreak.256913/post-5950771.

Could I get away with linking to another article in Norwegian? https://www.aftenposten.no/verden/i/vQ7Pnw/tilbud-om-munnbind-er-blitt-det-nye-nigeriabrevet? This is about a German procurer almost being fleeced by Nigerians.

I don't know if these stories are true but I would tend to believe them.

Edited to add correct link.

greenmark

Guru
The"popo"?

Really?

FYI it's what they're known as here in HK. I suppose it is better than "the fuzz" or some other terms.

As for the point of how the popo should keep social distancing, this local from Saturday, when they were tasked to enforce social distancing and break up a crowd that had gathered around a stall selling face masks:

1587354947660.png

Top Bottom