Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
mmmmm that's a bit of pointless tweet with no background as to which area and which patients.
She's working with it's impossible to back up what she is saying.
Note she not just a tory MP but a assistant government whip. So it's her job to maintain the party line.

She appears to have a Nursing background in cancer care.
She clearly not seen that Sue Ryder may have to stop palliative care within days if no PPE arrives.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52331034

She also voted to maintain the Cap on Nursers pay weeks after hosting an event supporting the RCN "scrap the Cap" campaign.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Swiss RTS news: petitions being raised against reopenings of schools next week, survey about whether older people feel discriminated against, 4m SFR for public masks but complaints from politicians that the price is too high, more bailout worries, worries about cancellations of summer holidays and public reaction,

Le Journal de 8h - La 1ere: Le Journal de 8h - Présenté par Vincent Stöcklin - 20.04.2020 https://www.rts.ch/la-1ere/programm...presente-par-vincent-stocklin-20-04-2020.html

tom73

Guru
The white van cowboys are back again next door. Still clueless and putting lives are risk though pure selfish actions.
A few door up another pair of gardeners at work. They clearly are qualified, run a company and pay tax.
They have supplies of hand gel, wipes in the van , both are fully complying with social distancing and are both wearing fabric masks.
They maybe containing to work but are doing all they can to keep people safe both legally and morally.
Well done lads.

mjr

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-04-20_09-06-09.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-20_09-06-09.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 6

MarkF

Guru
Do companies of percieved quality like 3M outsource the manufacturing of their FFP3 masks? It's quite a while since I posted that after inspecting them and watching so many break as medics pulled them over their heads, that I sought out the boxes to check them. The 3M masks are the same (& by far the worse of the 3 manufacturers I've used) but some have the elasticated bands held on by tension alone, provided by regular & useless staples. Others have the elasticated bands that pass through the masks and then knotted, a proper fix and they don't fail. It's hard to imagine fake masks being any worse than some 3M products.

The distibution of it within the hosipal is, surprise, surprise, a dysfunctional and convoluted "system".

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
3M manufacture in China (at least partially). There was a stushie a couple of weeks ago after a shipment of masks from a 3M factory in China to Germany(?) was diverted to the US on the instructions of the American administration.

alicat

Legendary Member
Helicopter been circling overhead for 15 mins. Alternating between the council estate and the park. Wonder if it is what used to pass for the community policeman when I was growing up in Leeds.

mjr

Someone's pointed out to me that readers from outside the UK (or even inside the UK if they're not watching the "Terror Vision" broadcast channels during this) might not be aware just how terrifyingly dystopian our current TV public service film is, with a voiceover by actor Mark Strong (Archy in RocknRolla, Frank D'Amico in Kick-Ass, Dr Nasch in Before I Go to Sleep and much more) over images of ambulances, hospital workers getting kitted up in PPE, street scenes from a zombie apocalypse, children trapped in houses sticking rainbows to windows, the weekly applause for the underpaid key workers, then that missed-opportunity Stay Home logo that you see on the press briefings. It's depressing. Here's some screenshots.

I failed to find the video online, unlike the earlier "Chris Whitty stares at you and blethers on" one. Can you find a copy?

(ETA who does the soberly threatening voiceover.)

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-04-20_11-35-43.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-20_11-35-43.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot_2020-04-20_11-37-05.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-20_11-37-05.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot_2020-04-20_11-37-32.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-20_11-37-32.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Well, that's my first experience of NHS procurement systems and it's pretty shambolic

I have a number of contacts who manufacture PPE outside UK. They've seen what is going on in UK and have contacted me to see if they can help (it's business of course)

So I've been in direct contact with several local NHS trusts to see what procurement policy is. I can organise supply of tens of thousands of masks, hazmat suits and surgical gowns every day

Each trust told me something different. Trust 1 said they were trying to buy PPE themselves but "the man you need to speak to" was on holiday this week (!!). Trust 2 said it was all sourced and distributed at a national level and they would give me the contacts (they haven't yet). Trust 3 said it was sourced and distributed regionally and they would give me the contacts (they haven't yet)

Not impressed. I've got CE certified suppliers wanting to supply

Top Bottom