Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I wish they would announce where it is

D

Deleted member 26715

I wish they would announce where it is
How would that help? they have been contagious for the last 2 weeks, so unless you are going to track every single person they have been in contact with over that period, then track everybody those people have been in contact with you won't know if you're in a 'safe' area.

Joffey

Big Dosser
How would that help? they have been contagious for the last 2 weeks, so unless you are going to track every single person they have been in contact with over that period, then track everybody those people have been in contact with you won't know if you're in a 'safe' area.

Why is not knowing helpful?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
they are both from the same family, so it hasn’t spread far yet.
but we have 14 days to find out!

i was on the tube yesterday, and people were already wearing masks.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
they are both from the same family, so it hasn’t spread far yet.
but we have 14 days to find out!

i was on the tube yesterday, and people were already wearing masks.
In the overall scheme of things, cases in countries with sophisticated healthcare systems (and I include China in that list) aren't the biggest problem. These countries have the resources to contain and ultimately defeat the virus. China was unlucky as the outbreak occured just as a hundred million people were on the move

The problem will be if it takes hold in countries with less developed healthcare systems such as India and Indonesia

D

Deleted member 26715

Why is not knowing helpful?
You first, I've already asked why you feel it would be helpful to know, would you change the way you lead your life if it was in London rather than Leeds which is only 2 hours away by train & commuters do it daily.

was on the tube yesterday, and people were already wearing masks.
Have seen a few folk around london wearing masks. Most of the ones i saw looked chinese, may have been brits of course. Woman next to me on the overground yesterday appeared to have an improvised mask using a scarf. Told me twice that was invading her half of the armrest, told me with some force not to touch her. I considered her bonkers, pretty much told her so. The tube is a notorious spreader of coughs etc but i think she had other issues.

johnblack

Ãœber Member
Have seen a few folk around london wearing masks. Most of the ones i saw looked chinese, may have been brits of course. Woman next to me on the overground yesterday appeared to have an improvised mask using a scarf. Told me twice that was invading her half of the armrest, told me with some force not to touch her. I considered her bonkers, pretty much told her so. The tube is a notorious spreader of coughs etc but i think she had other issues.
It will be the hipsters next, not sure a mask will be that great with their big old beards.

Joffey

Big Dosser
You first, I've already asked why you feel it would be helpful to know, would you change the way you lead your life if it was in London rather than Leeds which is only 2 hours away by train & commuters do it daily.

OK, I'm not going to play these games. You obviously know, or believe to know, why not telling the public is for the good of the public but instead of advising me you want to try and trap me somehow first insisting I answer. Well my answer is I just want to know. I want to know if the risk is close to me or not. Now your turn.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Newcastle is the rumour

I've heard that they are been treated in Newcastle so it may figure that it was the person or person's recently tested in York. But it's all speculation.

If only the authorities told us and it would stop the rumours. Imagine that!

johnblack

Ãœber Member
I've heard that they are been treated in Newcastle so it may figure that it was the person or person's recently tested in York. But it's all speculation.

If only the authorities told us and it would stop the rumours. Imagine that!
It wouldn't change anything, it doesn't really matter where they are, if they're in Newcastle or York, the rest of the population there can't change anything they've done in the past two weeks.

Top Bottom