Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Been past three pubs that were open. 8 were not open.

One had a bouncer and chaperone and looked like the beer garden was 50% open. Some coppers were wandering past deserted streets expecting trouble :laugh:.

One was totally dead.

One was somewhat interesting as it appeared to be open even though it's famously lost it's licence. That or a lot of people had turned up with their own beer.

Reactions: mjr

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well, as far as I can tell is that the Government's position on all of this is:

1. We want you to go out to eat, drink and shop. Johnson's backers investment funds are at risk of severe depreciation we didn't put you in power for this, you oaf The economy needs you to do this.

Government policy is pub, school, jolly holidays, amateur cricket, Matt Hancock.

• Sad

tom73

Guru
Town centre all the pub's are open other than the small real ale ones. Most placers are pretty full police had just arrived at one spotted a good few that had clear had a few too many. Council out in force they've closed off areas of on street parking to allow safe queueing.
The same bunch who have told me they don't have staff or money to do the same thing to allow for safe active travel. :sad:

• Sad

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Had a peek in the hairdresser's as I was coming back from my morning ride. They had two seats empty so called in; it'd been an hour's queue that had finished just as arrived at 12. Haircut done; I no longer look like a yeti. Mask / apron / sanitiser all set out and used for everyone; I'm quite impressed for a budget hairdresser.

My 16yo's birthday present was a Young Driver lesson; masks compulsory, hand sanitister and wipes used everywhere and face shields for staff and instructors. This was their first day back operating and again I was impressed.

Went to the doctor last week. Waiting room is closed and the system is that you sit in your car until someone comes and gets you. When i pointed out that I hadn’t arrived by car, the receptionist gave me a "what kind of freak are you" look. And said "well, you’ll just have to stand there then".
Stood in the drizzle for 20 minutes.
That’s fair enough isn’t it?

A bit of light rain at this time of year isn’t going to kill you.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Played a round of golf yesterday. Both myself and my neighbor who shared the cart with me wore masks the entire time. And we both know that each of us has been self quarantined from the beginning of this thing. Another neighbor who rode in a different cart made fun of me for wearing a mask and I just said, we both wore it and neither one of us wants to take the chance. That's all it takes. Just one slip up and it's lights out. I value life more than that. This won't last forever but it is going to last for a while. Probably another year or so until a vaccine is developed and distributed. You social distance and wear a mask until it's safe. THAT is life.

Julia9054

Guru
That’s fair enough isn’t it?

A bit of light rain at this time of year isn’t going to kill you.
Not a problem at all for me. May be a problem for someone old or feeling very poorly. It was the fact that they hadn’t contemplated the fact that someone might turn up without a car.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[...] closed off areas of on street parking to allow safe queueing.
The same bunch who have told me they don't have staff or money to do the same thing to allow for safe active travel. :sad:
Yes but be fair: this virus kills people and it's not like anyone ever died because of an unsafe road layout... Oh. :-(

Top Bottom