Cost of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What are you, an authority on local terrain right across the UK?
What are you, an non-sequitur generator?

You use some strong words eg 'lie' which is rather rude especially as you are clueless to everyone's personal circumstances.
Incorrect claims are made without restriction to personal circumstances. Stuff like "it is impossible" is not "it is impossible for me" where we might suspect it is still that they do not want to make the changes needed to make low-car life possible but couldn't disprove it.

You can think calling incorrect claims "lies" rude if you want but it will still be less rude than, for example, unnecessarily shooting exhaust fumes into childrens' lungs or enriching warmongers more.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Incorrect claims are made without restriction to personal circumstances. Stuff like "it is impossible" is not "it is impossible for me" where we might suspect it is still that they do not want to make the changes needed to make low-car life possible but couldn't disprove it.

You can think calling incorrect claims "lies" rude if you want but it will still be less rude than, for example, unnecessarily shooting exhaust fumes into childrens' lungs or enriching warmongers more.
most pathetic comments i have heard in this thread.........

using a car means im killing children and enriching warmongers is absolutely pathetic

FishFright

More wheels than sense
So can cars with the right incentives too………ive never seen a bus filled to capacity, not my old school bus back in the day
I used to commute on a bus and in the commuter hours they were rammed every day .

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Oh dear - that went extreme very quickly and rather oddly. 🥱

jowwy

I used to commute on a bus and in the commuter hours they were rammed every day .
where you live that may well be, but not where i live and that's what we are saying.......its not the same for everyone

last time i sat on a packed bus, was in my school days. 28+yrs ago before people started taking their kids to school by car and the local council and schools paid for transport to and from the school

FishFright

More wheels than sense
where you live that may well be, but not where i live and that's what we are saying.......its not the same for everyone

last time i sat on a packed bus, was in my school days. 28+yrs ago before people started taking their kids to school by car and the local council and schools paid for transport to and from the school

jowwy said:
……ive never seen a bus filled to capacity, not my old school bus back in the day

jowwy also said:
last time i sat on a packed bus, was in my school days.

What will jowwy say next?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
packed bus...i didnt say full to capacity, theres a difference in the two comments.

what will @FishFright get wrong next

Show me a packed bus that's not full

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
again - your coming at it form a cyclists point of view.....my brother aint and has no wish to be one. its also about 10 mins by car, it hardly takes a further 15 to park etc etc etc

again your being pretty picky and pedantic.....not everyone, wants to live your way of life.

1. ever done that ride with a weekly shop on your bike, after a days work or with maybe 1, 2 or 3 of his kids in tow.......

I offered both cycling and public transport . I didn’t offer it from a pure cyclists point of view, unlike you presenting a pure motorist point of view. I find it hard to believe that 24 mins on a bus to Abergavenny is really too much for you brother to deal with. Does he hate public transport that much?

classic33

Leg End Member
1. again not everyone can do that or even wants to....again just cause you do it, doesn't mean everyone else has too, its just not practical for everyone

2. seriously........easy to drop on and off bus, again this is rural south wales, not a city like somerset or norfolk. My brother lives in crickhowell, with zero shopping centres, just a small town. nearest shopping town abergavenny, brecon or over the mountain into ebbw vale........not an easy bus route or regular bus route to undertake anything you just said. He also works in hereford, defo no bus route from crickhowell to hereford for the times he needs to be at the barracks during the day ( now a civilian army contractor).......

a bus is not in the solution for everyones needs, it just isnt
That bit in bold goes for driving as well. How do are those of us who can't drive supposed to manage?
Learning is not a valid option, nor a legal one.

Last edited:

jowwy

I offered both cycling and public transport . I didn’t offer it from a pure cyclists point of view, unlike you presenting a pure motorist point of view. I find it hard to believe that 24 mins on a bus to Abergavenny is really too much for you brother to deal with. Does he hate public transport that much?
With 3 kids under 5 in tow yeh….anybody would. Not everyone wants to use public transport or a bike……..need to learn that everyone is like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom