Cost of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It wasn't a quote (that's why it wasn't in "" or quote tags), but I thought posts like https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cost-of-fuel.283757/post-6681137 suggested that you felt no other mode of transport was possible for you, seeing as you dismissed trains, buses, bikes and walking, which would mean your car use was necessary. So isn't it, then?
Never assume anything…….i work from home, i dont commute and have my food shopping delivered, my car has been used twice since xmas. The twice that i used my car which was this weekend was to collect on both ocassion 9 x 70ltr bags of compost, could i have done that by bike, train or bus……ummmmm NO.

I also didnt dismiss those modes…..i said they werent easily available to use where i live for work or everyday use and they are not. Maybe you should watch some political programmes and see what they say about public transport infrastructure and why people have issues around the country using them every day to get to places. Rather than throw around stupid remarks about being child killers and warmongerers

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never assume anything……

Just press the ignore button against the username - what did they say anyway ? :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wife comes home tonight... just put £xxx in my car, yadda yadda - fuel is getting expensive - I know you don't use it much anyway, but is it time you looked at a hybrid or electric - me, makes no sense. The car is an 'old' luxury - it just moves bikes now.

The answer is not to use one much if you have the choice !

jowwy

It is now Monday, where is the mythical £2 a litre price that wasn’t a rumour?
I work from home, it may well be £2 a ltr somewhere, why not prove to me its not???

i also think the 184.9/ltr in swansea that a pointed out in an earlier post is pretty damn close to that mark…..but i was dramatising the situation according to you?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I work from home, it may well be £2 a ltr somewhere, why not prove to me its not???

i also think the 184.9/ltr in swansea that a pointed out in an earlier post is pretty damn close to that mark…..but i was dramamtising the situation according to you?

You said it wasn’t a rumour, the burden on you is to prove it wasn’t a rumour via two things. Revealing the official source that said it would be £2 per litre today, and what locations now have this price.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well, I am glad it was only a rumour. I have bought some petrol at lunch time in Sainsbury's and it was 1.499 a litre.
What I didn't realise though is that this thread would go as far as 15 pages !! :eek:
15 pages without getting locked (yet) is the surprise 😄.
We have 2 local petrol stations, Gulf and Esso. Both currently 155.9 ppl for the watered down E10 unleaded. Up 6 pence per litre in 4 days.

jowwy

You said it wasn’t a rumour, the burden on you is to prove it wasn’t a rumour via two things. Revealing the official source that said it would be £2 per litre today, and what locations now have this price.
The is no burden on me im afraid……..

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was it not the OP, Gavroche, who said that?
Anyway, this is CC, not the houses of parliament. There is no burden on anyone to prove anything. HTH..

Moodyman

Legendary Member

i also think the 184.9/ltr in swansea that a pointed out in an earlier post is pretty damn close to that mark…..but i was dramatising the situation according to you?

One cannot provide evidence of absence.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Never assume anything…….i work from home, i dont commute and have my food shopping delivered, my car has been used twice since xmas. The twice that i used my car which was this weekend was to collect on both ocassion 9 x 70ltr bags of compost, could i have done that by bike, train or bus……ummmmm NO.
Look, simple question: is your car use necessary?
[...] Rather than throw around stupid remarks about being child killers and warmongerers
Not what I wrote. Maybe read more carefully instead of flying off the handle at a misreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom