Cost of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Last Thursday.

RAC reporting unleaded averaging 155.6 as of yesterday so I don't think a current max over £2 is exactly implausible.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What are you, an non-sequitur generator?

Incorrect claims are made without restriction to personal circumstances. Stuff like "it is impossible" is not "it is impossible for me" where we might suspect it is still that they do not want to make the changes needed to make low-car life possible but couldn't disprove it.

You can think calling incorrect claims "lies" rude if you want but it will still be less rude than, for example, unnecessarily shooting exhaust fumes into childrens' lungs or enriching warmongers more.
So you didnt type the line in bold???? Was it someone else???

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Last Thursday.
View attachment 634245

RAC reporting unleaded averaging 155.6 as of yesterday so I don't think a current max over £2 is exactly implausible.

Costs me a couple of banana's extra in fuel on the bike. It's about £7 a day in car fuel - only in work 2 days though. Glad I've got back to bike commuting, but 13 miles each way down a muddy canal isn't for everyone - yes it's car free - Manchester on the bike on roads in rush hour - not again.

Fuel rise will affect alot of people - there is no one in my family, or the wife's that would ride a bike far.. I don't know that many folk that would do other than a few local loons from here or a minority at work.

We have a bit of a shoot storm coming !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Costs me a couple of banana's extra in fuel on the bike. It's about £7 a day in car fuel - only in work 2 days though. Glad I've got back to bike commuting, but 13 miles each way down a muddy canal isn't for everyone - yes it's car free - Manchester on the bike on roads in rush hour - not again.

Fuel rise will affect alot of people - there is no one in my family, or the wife's that would ride a bike far.. I don't know that many folk that would do other than a few local loons from here or a minority at work.

Cycling is the only way fossy…..the might of CC has spoken lol

fossyant

Cycling is the only way fossy…..the might of CC has spoken lol

It's not for everyone, as you mentioned in another post.

I was nearly wiped out by an oil tanker today right at the end of my ride - just because truck driver might have had to slow down - shat me up and anyone near me on the pavement - probably full of Russian stuff :laugh:

fossyant

We also have to accept we're a bit 'weird' on this forum. We aren't normal considering riding a bike far (like more than five miles). I don't use mine for errands because I don't have a bike I could actually leave outside a shop, or would do - I'll walk or car it.
Bikes are for poor people.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Im having to drive till my shoulder can take commuting by bike again , im driving very conservatively with slow acceleration and no lead foot to try and get as much mpg as i can

fossyant

Im having to drive till my shoulder can take commuting by bike again , im driving very conservatively with slow acceleration and no lead foot to try and get as much mpg as i can
I was once working 30 miles away, with a 2.5l V6 copmany car (not my choice) when the fuel crisis hit 25 years ish ago - panic buying etc... I managed to draft HGV's at a safe distance and get over 40 mpg out of a V6.... I did also, ride in once a week (60 mile return ride)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mrs G keeps saying we ought to go to Devon more often. 600 miles return trip it is so my answer is : not likely as the fuel bill would be enormous, over 100 pounds .:cursing::blush::eek: and that doesn't cover the driving around when we get there.
Somehow, I don't think she will see my point of view.
It'll soon be cheaper to move there!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Paid 158.9 tonight for diesel and had passed a forecourt that was 174.9... £2/L is coming which would take my fill to somewhere near £150 :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I would have no choice other than to pay it and use the van more sparingly, petrol prices aren't much better although the motorbike is easier on fuel, but not always practical and cycling to work is somewhere in the middle on practicality terms.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was once working 30 miles away, with a 2.5l V6 copmany car (not my choice) when the fuel crisis hit 25 years ish ago - panic buying etc... I managed to draft HGV's at a safe distance and get over 40 mpg out of a V6.... I did also, ride in once a week (60 mile return ride)
country lanes most of the way for me, you can do 60 but keeping it to 45 mph max and as i work shifts theres not really anyone about to annoy with my steady pace,the car is now payed for so its being kept although we looked at ev s im not forking about a min of £250 a month before electrickery , when im back on the bike i bet we do about 50 miles a week

fossyant

Apparently though, if you drive a 600 bhp leccy car with the foot to the floor, you are 'green'. :rolleyes:

We are all fubared, including leccy car drivers as your leccy will go up as it's powered by overseas gas and 'other energy' - I've a 100% green energy tarrif at home, there is no way much of it's really green.

Bike it !! :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom