Cost of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This is beginning to sound a bit less like a "discussion/debate"
Thats what happens when name calling enters the fray and your accused of being a warmonger….but i see you copied my post and not the post of the accuser……..same as most people, the one defending themselves get the finger pointed at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I am glad it was only a rumour. I have bought some petrol at lunch time in Sainsbury's and it was 1.499 a litre.
What I didn't realise though is that this thread would go as far as 15 pages !! :eek:

jowwy

That bit in bold goes for driving as well. How do are those of us who can't drive supposed to manage?
Learning is not a valid option, nor a legal one.
It does….im not saying it doesnt or trying to convince people like others, that cycling is the eutopia to fix all, cause its not.

jowwy

Well, I am glad it was only a rumour. I have bought some petrol at lunch time in Sainsbury's and it was 1.499 a litre.
What I didn't realise though is that this thread would go as far as 15 pages !! :eek:
Like a posted previously……its not a rumour, i posted a fact from welsh governement that states a petrol station in swansea charging 189.9 for diesel

jowwy

This is beginning to sound a bit less like a "discussion/debate"
A train can be packed, but still have capacity by law for more people to go aboard, buses are the same. Our school bus was packed, but still had empty seats for more…..

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Like a posted previously……its not a rumour, i posted a fact from welsh governement that states a petrol station in swansea charging 189.9 for diesel
That may be the case is South Wales but not here in North Wales. Even Shell charge 1.699 for petrol so a long way off the 2 pounds although I am not saying it won't happen, at least as long as the war carries on in Ukraine.

jowwy

I offered both cycling and public transport . I didn’t offer it from a pure cyclists point of view, unlike you presenting a pure motorist point of view. I find it hard to believe that 24 mins on a bus to Abergavenny is really too much for you brother to deal with. Does he hate public transport that much?
I also stated why he couldnt use public transport for work, but i see you totally missed that post…..nothing new there though, only see what you want to see

jowwy

That may be the case is South Wales but not here in North Wales. Even Shell charge 1.699 for petrol so a long way off the 2 pounds although I am not saying it won't happen, at least as long as the war carries on in Ukraine.
Its different everywhere gavroche, but as i live in south wales and my eyes cant see all over the world. I can only see it from a south wales point of view……unlike others who think they know everything aboit every part of the uk, cause they rode there once on their bike

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
To bring it back onto topic petrol's gone up today to £1.60 a litre where I am, £1.70 for diesel.

I can see people choosing between food, gas/electric, petrol rather than looking at substitutes. More cars on the road than usual, but also more food banks opening.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
To bring it back onto topic petrol's gone up today to £1.60 a litre where I am, £1.70 for diesel.

I can see people choosing between food, gas/electric, petrol rather than looking at substitutes. More cars on the road than usual, but also more food banks opening.
Supermarkets are still about £1.50 but Esso is on the rip off locally - much more. Won't even mention BP :wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
most pathetic comments i have heard in this thread.........

using a car means im killing children and enriching warmongers is absolutely pathetic
I thought you said all of your car use was necessary? Which is it? This would be a far better discussion if you didn't keep changing your mind every few posts.

jowwy

I thought you said all of your car use was necessary? Which is it? This would be a far better discussion if you didn't keep changing your mind every few posts.
I never said that at all…..maybe you could find that quote???

ive also not changed my mind or become abusive to other posters either. My stance is still the same, cycling, public transport is not the eutopia for everyone. Different circumstances for all, mean different ways of travelling. Doesnt make them child killers or warmongerers, as you stated earlier.

Last edited:

mjr

Do you really think food banks are helping to keep more cars on the road? :eek:

I'm reminded of the Cuban propaganda poster with people feeding cars sweetcorn, titled "The Madness Of The First World". As usual, it's not easily found online!

I suspect it's going to be worse in rural areas, with widespread oil heating that has no price cap like gas or electricity and is more expensive and polluting anyway. People think that the new electric heating grant scheme was wildly ambitious at 600'000/year: demand may outstrip that this year and the limit will be the number of trained installers.

mjr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom