Cost of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For me personally I will comment on cycle stuff and anything that potentially makes more people aware of the lunacy of endless car growth at the expense of the world my child has to grow up in. We all have a responsibility for the planet we live on in my opinion.
I admire you're stance but lots of people also like to spend their hard earned on things that they enjoy and if that happens to be old fashioned gas guzzling motors then that's their choice, so like you, I'll be commenting where I see fit.

One man's lunacy is another man's pleasure. 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
What people who dont drive for work, but commute???

for reference, the last time i drove to the office was march 2020 and it was 118.9 litre for diesel. Im glad i now work from home, as the station i fill up at is now 154.9 for diesel

If people choose to drive to work, it will cost them more. Pretty simple.

As a side note, I assume you have a mobile phone?

I work in the mobile telecoms industry and the heat generated by a basic BTS is unreal, to a point heat extraction units are installed in many cabs.

Before people get all righteous about cars just give a thought to the power required to run a Mobile phone network.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I suppose if some have been at home for the last 2 yrs they've saved a few bob there?

Swings and roundabouts I guess.
Not really…….i still have to pay extra electric, gas, also drinks are free at work, but not at home

but not everyone has been working from home for two years, im just lucky my bosses dont need me to come to an office just to look over my shoulder and keep an eye one me.

Try being self employed and having to pay for your own fuel.
Yes but you lads are on £100 per hr to make up for it............

I'm joking as I'm sure you're aware, I was self employed for a few years and if business is good then happy days but if slack not so good.

Cerdic

My wife doesn’t have much choice.

She is a teacher. Her school is 22 miles away. There is no bus. The nearest train station to us is a 20 minute walk. The nearest train station to the school is a 40 minute walk. Even without the walk, public transport would be impossible most days as she cannot physically carry all the exercise books, laptop, assorted gubbins in one go!

So, car it is then.

Oh, and she didn’t have any time off or working from home during ‘the covid’. So no savings there.

Its very easy to say ‘people should do this, that, or the other’ but things ain’t that simple. ’Course, if you dont want your kids educated…

Brandane

Legendary Member
Who gives a fook who does what anyway?

No-one should need justify why they drive to work or not to a bunch of nobody's on the Internet.
Hey grumpy, have you stolen my log-in? ^_^.
I should add, who gives a fook when some madman is quite possibly going to destroy our way of life? Oops veering towards politics now, but my new attitude is fook everything. We might not be able to do what we want to do for much longer, so make hay while the sun shines. And if driving floats your boat, or in my case riding a motorbike that burns as much unleaded as most modern cars, then fill yer boots. Climate change might soon be the least of our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom