COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
every day, sometimes twice a day get a text saying that I am still pre-registered for the vaccine. this is starting to piss me off

Ajax Bay

Guru
My mother finally got her jab, now her sister won't speak to her as my mother has chosen her side! like wtf
So people can appreciate your post, I've found the background:
I have family members who a diehard anti vax, they say everything from it causes issues to its big pharma using us all as cash cows.
since Covid they have spewed every possible theory out there now, from nano trackers in the vaccine which I said what makes you so special or any of us that our location must be known 24/7 to 5q causes the virus.
I did point out they own smart phones and fitness GPS trackers so if being tracked is an issue there is some huge contradictions there.
They follow David Icke and Piers Corbyn, and are huge QAnon followers.

I can’t talk sense into them they won’t listen to reason, they’re flat earthers as well so kinda says it all.

lol had a nice Zoom call where another relative invited my Covid Denying Aunt and Uncle, that was fun, they started tell my mother not to take the flu jab as it contains mercury and the such, when it got the nano trackers in the Covid one I couldn’t hold it in anymore.
I said it’s a mercury derivative not pure mercury a simple google search will tell you this.
I said the nano trackers lol far easier ways of doing that plus you own and use a smart phone and GPS tracker smart watches, so don’t be a hypocrite if you’re gonna preach they are tracking you while using an abundance of traceable tech. I also said why are you so important you need to be tracked.
it then bounced back to an earlier argument where they argued that Covid isn’t classed in the same degree as Ebola, I said no totally different ones a respiratory illness the other is a haemorrhagic fever, in this same earlier arguement I had also said I trust some people I know on their opinions, one is a doc I have known since pre-school so life long friends virtually, I got the 'my mate in the pub said' comment.

I’m not doing family Zoom meetings again, then again, it’s better than face to face where I think I wouldn’t knocked his block off.

lane

Veteran
There are some really stupid people in the world. Luckily also some really clever ones who can develop a number of highly successful vaccines in less than 12 months. I guess the advantages of one far outweighs the disadvantages of the other, however annoying they may be.

Johnno260

Veteran
There are some really stupid people in the world. Luckily also some really clever ones who can develop a number of highly successful vaccines in less than 12 months. I guess the advantages of one far outweighs the disadvantages of the other, however annoying they may be.

I know something that should be celebrated as a feat of modern medicine, yet the response is people like this.

it’s like when I watched the Perseverance live stream with flat earthers in live chat remarking that yes a remote control car on Mars.

Reactions: C R

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I see the BBC and Sky are reporting that up to 60m doses of Novavax are to be produced near the site of the infamous eye test, Barnard Castle. And if regulatory approval given, supplies could be available by June.
It also looks like the recent rows with the EU have introduced some protectionism. Filling was going to be in the EU, but will now be in the North East.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Why is that protectionism?
GSK's plant at Barnard Castle would have been used in the Sanofi (Translate Bio)/GSK vaccine production (from the French plant outside Lyon) but that candidate vaccine performed poorly and whether it gets further is in doubt. Great that GSK have made sure that their resources are effectively mobilised to produce a vaccine (Novovax) the efficacy of which has been proven in RCTs.
This time last year GSK (plants in Barnard Castle and elsewhere) was a potential partner for Oxford University (Merck the front runner till April but that foundered).

Top Bottom