COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's the shop assistant's job to give you the correct change but I bet you check it before you put it in your pocket, or check if the barmaid has given you Lager and not Cider?

It's up to you though.
Do you taste them all if you're getting a round in? Reduces the risk of being asked to buy another round ever, I guess! :laugh:

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

dodgy

Yes, I completely understand that getting a mix up in your drink order is exactly the same as the correct administration of medication.

Yes, I completely understand that getting a mix up in your drink order is exactly the same as the correct administration of medication.
I'm not going to argue the t**s with you but if you can't accept a bit of responsibility is required by the person having the jab then fine, the whole point is that you would be far more vigilant over something as petty as getting the expected change than you would over something that's as important as getting the expected vaccine?

Last edited:

dodgy

I'm not going to argue the t**s with you but if you can't accept a bit of responsibility is required by the person having the jab then fine, the whole point is that you would be far more vigilant over something as petty as getting the expected change than you would over something that's as important as getting the expected vaccine?
Yes, I completely understand that getting a mix up in your drink order is exactly the same as the correct administration of medication

dodgy

You really do like the sound of your own voice, metaphorically speaking of course, you just keep repeating yourself?

Boring!

lol, and you like a bloody good moan. You've painted yourself truly into a corner with the notion that there is a similarity between getting the correct drinks order and being injected with the wrong medicine. It's a ridiculous thing to say and I've already made a reasonable point further up thread that I agree there's a safety net, but that's the thing with safety nets - it's the final control. The responsibility lies with the medical staff to get it right.,

Imagine if the end result of an incident like this and the patient died, do you think in court the judge would say "you should take more notice, it's your fault!".

No, that wouldn't happen, you know it. But now you're going to go on and on and on about it.

I'm done here!
/fondles ignore feature

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
lol, and you like a bloody good moan. You've painted yourself truly into a corner with the notion that there is a similarity between getting the correct drinks order and being injected with the wrong medicine. It's a ridiculous thing to say and I've already made a reasonable point further up thread that I agree there's a safety net, but that's the thing with safety nets - it's the final control. The responsibility lies with the medical staff to get it right.,

Imagine if the end result of an incident like this and the patient died, do you think in court the judge would say "you should take more notice, it's your fault!".

No, that wouldn't happen, you know it. But now you're going to go on and on and on about it.

I'm done here!
/fondles ignore feature

Buying a drink is a reasonable analogy.

Doesn't everyone check what's going to be put in their body?

If I get a prescription, I have a glance at the packet to make sure I'm taking what I think I'm taking.

As regards what a judge might say, only a fool makes a bold prediction about the outcome of any case.

The woman might say she's furious, but it's by no means certain a court would find she has suffered financial or medical loss, or hurt to her feelings.

mjr

Buying a drink is a reasonable analogy.

Doesn't everyone check what's going to be put in their body?
Clearly not, hence people getting roofied, slipped Mickeys, ...

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The responsibility lies with the medical staff to get it right.,

Well, no actually. Part of the responsibility for the correct administration lies with the staff. Part lies with the patient.

I am sorry, I can't remember if you have had the jab yet, but if you have try to think how many times you were told at dose one what you were getting.
On arrival- this is an AZ clinic today.
On assessment while the nurse was typing on a computer- You are getting the AZ today, are you allergic to .......
On administration- I am going to give you the AZ vaccine today
Post administration- here is the leaflet for the AZ vaccine I have just administered
Post administration- because you have had the AZ vaccine you should now read the leaflet and wait 15 minutes in your car

At least 5 times, and a leaflet. My guess is you then spoke to your friends, and maybe even on here and said "I got the AZ and I felt tired" etc etc

When you go for number two you will be told on arrival, during assessment, pre-injection, on administration, so at least another 4 times. Now, unless you are Nicola Sturgeon or have different needs, you will know what you are about to receive. If you choose not to say anything, part of the responsibility falls to you, as with all healthcare decisions.

Do you know where most drug errors occur, and who is the most likely person to make one?

mjr

At least 5 times, and a leaflet.
I was only told at check in because I asked. Otherwise, I think I would only have had the post administration leaflet. I was surprised the "are you allergic to..." sign didn't mention which vaccine. I don't know whether the same venue ever injects Moderna or BioNTech.

Still good enough IMO but don't assume all centres are operating exactly the same.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, no actually. Part of the responsibility for the correct administration lies with the staff. Part lies with the patient.

I am sorry, I can't remember if you have had the jab yet, but if you have try to think how many times you were told at dose one what you were getting.
On arrival- this is an AZ clinic today.
On assessment while the nurse was typing on a computer- You are getting the AZ today, are you allergic to .......
On administration- I am going to give you the AZ vaccine today
Post administration- here is the leaflet for the AZ vaccine I have just administered
Post administration- because you have had the AZ vaccine you should now read the leaflet and wait 15 minutes in your car

At least 5 times, and a leaflet. My guess is you then spoke to your friends, and maybe even on here and said "I got the AZ and I felt tired" etc etc

When you go for number two you will be told on arrival, during assessment, pre-injection, on administration, so at least another 4 times. Now, unless you are Nicola Sturgeon or have different needs, you will know what you are about to receive. If you choose not to say anything, part of the responsibility falls to you, as with all healthcare decisions.

Do you know where most drug errors occur, and who is the most likely person to make one?
Actually told only once, and then only because I'd to wait. And I don't drive.
The other vaccine available at the time considered unsafe for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
Roofies are given by stealth, whenever I’ve had an injection including every vaccination, I’ve been told when it’ll be done ...usually with the words ‘sharp scratch coming’ Or similar...not exactly stealthy
(or in the case of knee injections, I can see the Consultant wielding a bloody great needle above my leg having prepared the syringe and attached the needle in front of me).
to be fair, I wasn’t aware of the knee injection I had last week...but then I’d already consented to general anaesthetic and invasive surgery...not been roofied :wacko:

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I was only told at check in because I asked. Otherwise, I think I would only have had the post administration leaflet. I was surprised the "are you allergic to..." sign didn't mention which vaccine. I don't know whether the same venue ever injects Moderna or BioNTech.

Still good enough IMO but don't assume all centres are operating exactly the same.

Where did you get vaccinated?

Top Bottom