COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well apologies we may be at cross purposes. I acknowledge that some people have a specific medical reason to be wary of the vaccine. My ambulance analogy was aimed not at them, but at the vast majority of the population, who do not.
It was a perfectly sensible analogy 👍

classic33

Leg End Member
the people with genuine concerns are in a tiny minority. Are there any others apart from you on here who have suffered badly?
I've not seen any, but very few people have said how they felt after having the jab. The most common complaint I've seen is "feeling crap for a few days after". A broad statement in much the same way as people react to temperature extremes, saying it's hot/freezing. It's to get a bit warmer/colder before I feel either as much as most folk. Marks me as "odd" again, so what.

My concern wasn't based on a one-off incident either. I was told that the Pfizer vaccine wasn't safe for me, and I'd have to wait for the AZ one and only that one.

This was the first vaccine ever given to me. The rest of the childhood vaccines being withheld on medical grounds. The last jab that could be classed as a vaccine I'd been given was the tetanus booster in March '88. Non of the previous full course usually given when at school, now ruled unsafe to be given to me. It's against this background, I and others had to make a decision.

Whilst posting an extreme reaction, what I haven't said is, that any of the vaccines is likely to end in a similar result for anyone else. Therefore it shouldn't be taken by anyone.

We all react differently to any medication, but does one person having a strong adverse reaction to any make it unsafe for the majority given it?

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm struggling to believe that a significant proportion of the population has a history of strong adverse reaction to previous vaccines.

Because those previous vaccines made it through clinical trials programmes specifically designed to weed out vaccines that trigger strong adverse reactions in a significant proportion of those vaccinated.
I'll ask you a direct, off-topic, question. Can you take painkillers, I can't. The last one given stopped the heart. Given/used in error in January 2012. I happened to be in A&E at the time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My parent's now fully jabbed - no side effects and both mid 70's. I appreciate folk like @classic33 who have had complex medical issues being wary, and he's had his first that didn't go well. The more the 'rest' of us get jabbed, the better it protects those that can't get jabbed, or will be very ill with a jab. MIL is 85, massive risk, had both jabs, no side effects - we didn't expect her to get away without getting covid and it killing her - she'd die with a chest infection normally. She is still here and stuck in a nursing home....

We're doing good now in the UK with the Vaccines and the NHS rollout and the army of volunteers. It's the deaths we need to avoid.

Last edited:
I'll ask you a direct, off-topic, question. Can you take painkillers, I can't. The last one given stopped the heart. Given/used in error in January 2012. I happened to be in A&E at the time.

Well I'm sorry that you are vulnerable in that way and wish you all the best, but I really don't understand how that is relevant to the suggestion that I am putting forward which, as I have said a number of times, is only aimed at the majority of people.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I'm sorry that you are vulnerable in that way and wish you all the best, but I really don't understand how that is relevant to the suggestion that I am putting forward which, as I have said a number of times, is only aimed at the majority of people.
Because even before a vaccine was announced, I knew I'd be in a minority. I accepted that and never tried to push what happened to me as being likely to happen to the majority.

I'd say you'd only require one incident, in the current situation(Are they really safe?), to increase folk's fears of them not being safe, stalling the program. Is that fair, I'd say not.

Nor is it fair, personal opinion here, to the person who administered the injection to have to defend their actions.

been wearing my "I got my vaccine button" & been geting mixed reactions. a woman working at a Dunkins counter in CT asked me how I got vaxed. I said I was old & she exclaimed "I'm old too". but she was too busy for us to talk further. I remember the feeling of ppl telling me they got vaxxed but I had not yet. it's bothersome. this is gonna be a long haul & there is definitely a lot of access disparity

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
been wearing my "I got my vaccine button" & been geeting mixed reactions. a woman working at a Dunkins counter in CT asked me how I got vaxed. I said I was old & she exclaimed "I'm old too". but she was too busy for us to talk further. I remember the feeling of ppl telling me they got vaxxed but I had not yet. it's bothersome. this is gonna be a long haul & there is definitely a lot of access disparity
If it’s bothersome, don’t wear the badge?

Top Bottom