COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not saying the couple haven't over-reacted. But much has been made in the press and in general the last few months about the importance of having the same jab twice. Otherwise the messaging would have just been "get 2 jabs, whatever's available" But no, the rigid approach has been that it's important to follow up the second jab with the same as the first. This is why the hospital have apologised.

I agree with others that the fact this appears to have only happened once is amazing.

tl;dr not a lot to worry about, but it's not the same as the wrong sauce on your bangers.
Well make sure you're getting the correct one then!

dodgy

Well make sure you're getting the correct one then!

I rather think the correct administration of medication lies with the trained staff administering it, just like any other drug or medication given by a trained professional. Yes, there's a safety net in this case, the matter is simple enough to understand by the patient and a right thinking individual can raise a concern, but that depends on how clear the staff were about the to-be injected serum for the recipient.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Vaccine identification parade:
1619545851813.png
1619545937220.png
1619546085723.png

(Middle one is the Oxford-AZ one, for the avoidance of doubt)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Make me 5. I have ran a department within computer forensics division that was responsible for ‘discovery’ of evidence in a very large company . This stuff is not left until the day before just in case we don’t need it.
Make me 6.
Having been at the sharp end of a claim for a Judicial Review and several court hearings, including the Scottish Court of Session, the extra work involved and who it affects is enormous. Barristers and solicitors, quite often putting in long hours themselves, demanding all involved have an intimate and instant recall knowledge of what they did, when they did it, why they did it and provide all supporting documentation, very often asking for responses Now!
This stuff takes over your daily work life to the detriment of anything else you want to do.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm a couple of days over as I was booking both, then MrsF said second wasn't good (day before her birthday) so it's three days later now.

Even my awkward BIL is desparate to get his jabs (not 40 yet) ! And he's been working throughout in construction.

An interesting decision by a school in Florida

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-coronavirus-vaccine-teacher-b1838356.html

I tried to get onto the school's website but it seems to be having problems - I suspect loads of people are doing the same!

I do wonder if this is a case of loonies who believe in all sorts of rubbish
Or hyper religious stuff - but there i snot mention of that and it doesn't seem to be likely
or just the people running the school haveing been fed some information and believing it in good faith - I have no idea what qualifies you to be able to run a private school in Florida !!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Mind me asking how many days short of 12 weeks that will be? The average is trucking along at 10 weeks 6 days (sauce: my agricultural calculation).

Think I was a few days above Mr Average just to add a tiny bit more data to your ketchup poll.

I wasn't invited to book both jabs at the same time, but I suppose those that are could skew your results a little.

Last edited:

Zanelad

Guru
I've got my 2nd jab this Friday, exactly 10 weeks to the day from my first jab. Mrs Z's got hers at the same time. Hers is 11 weeks after her first one.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Interesting to read the story above about the vaccine mix up.

At the end of March, myself and 30 odd work colleagues were booked into receive our first shots at our local vaccination centre. (Before the OK was given for some GP's to also administer doses.) We were split into three groups over three days and there were also teachers from other local schools present as well. The first group were vaccinated on the Tuesday with Astra Zenica, then that evening, the German Authorities announced they were suspending the use of AZ for the under 60's. So the rest of us were given Moderna on our appointments.

The worrying thing is that now my colleagues from the Tuesday group have been left in Limbo. The official line at the moment is that when the 10 weeks are up, they will be given a different shot for their second dose, because AZ is still suspended and with no sign of that being rescinded. So the German government is happy to go ahead and mix up the doses rather than give AZ to those who received their first dose of it. As with everything here in Germany though, it's all a little unclear and confusing

I rather think the correct administration of medication lies with the trained staff administering it, just like any other drug or medication given by a trained professional. Yes, there's a safety net in this case, the matter is simple enough to understand by the patient and a right thinking individual can raise a concern, but that depends on how clear the staff were about the to-be injected serum for the recipient.
It's the shop assistant's job to give you the correct change but I bet you check it before you put it in your pocket, or check if the barmaid has given you Lager and not Cider?

It's up to you though.

Top Bottom