COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Or people who haven't stopped going to work throughout, no change whatsoever for me.
Building trade, drivers, prison staff etc.
Not everyone is stuck indoors you know or work from home
Totally agree ... all 32 of us in our company have been in the office and on-site every working day since the start of this. No masks at work or on site. LFT Tests at two customers only, only one person or their immediate family tested positive to date ... ME! ... and Julie and Connor, after a visit to our dentists ... who, to be honest, where wearing NBC grade PPE .... to no avail ...
^_^

Gillstay

Über Member
Totally agree ... all 32 of us in our company have been in the office and on-site every working day since the start of this. No masks at work or on site. LFT Tests at two customers only, only one person or their immediate family tested positive to date ... ME! ... and Julie and Connor, after a visit to our dentists ... who, to be honest, where wearing NBC grade PPE .... to no avail ...
^_^
So did you just not do risk assessments at work then ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
So did you just not do risk assessments at work then ?
I assume working outside if I recall , so probably minimal risk and assume not sharing vehicles.

As for me I’ve worked right through this as well, mask wearing came In last July and strange at first but don’t even think about it now. No van sharing albeit that may change come the middle of August. However it will be a choice to start with.

PK99

Legendary Member
Covid is just the new normal. As much as I don’t like Boris I think their plan now is the right one.
We need to just get on with life now.

That sums up very well the general attitude of people I know.

Out and about on the Tube and in Central London mask-wearing indoors and social distancing from strangers seem to be the norm - less so with groups of people clearly meeting up again for the first time.

On the tube in particular (District, Nothern and Victoria) mask-wearing seems not to have dropped much.

Point of significance is the almost total absence of tourists - hence in Central London there is loads of space

midlife

Guru
Next door neighbour reckons he caught covid from riding around in his works van.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had my 2nd Moderna jab on Monday. I've felt terrible ever since. Sweating, shivering, banging headache and dizziness. Today is Saturday and my head is just easing. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. I feel better now I'm double jabbed though

newts

Veteran
I had my second AZ jab end of April, my wife had 2nd Pfizer jab in February. We've always tried to take good precautions, mask, hand washing etc. I developed covid 12 days ago after a few days holiday in Weymouth. I'm mildy asthmatic & it's generally very controlled with a low dose preventative inhaler. Temp of 38.9c on day 2, breathing rapidly deteriorated over next 24 hours (94% spo2). Car park visit with Dr on day 3 has me home monitoring spo2 & temp for 14 days. I felt like sh*t for 7 days. Wife tested positive 3 days after me, she still feels rough & has no energy. Maybe we were unlucky to get such bad symptoms? Dr has told us, without the jabs I'd most likely been hospitalised. All said & done a couple of very worrying days. My only advice would be get vaccinated, it may save your life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom