creaky seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colcazal

I have a Carbon framed road bike which has a Alu seatpost. Ever since I got the bike (from new) I get a creak/crack noise from the seatpost clamp when I go over a bump or rough road. The post is ungreased and clean and does nt slip or move. Is this a common thing for Carbon frames with Alu seatpost. Does ma head in!!!

Cheers,

Col

Alf

Guru
I have no experience of carbon but I have had annoying creaks from the seatpost. In my case it was nothing to do with the post/frame joint - ie the seatpost clamp. It was the clamp creaking on the saddle rails. I bit of grease on the saddle rails and a firm re-tightening of the allen bolts solved it completely. Might be worth at least eliminating that as a source of your creak. You have reminded me how annoying it was - drove me mad too.

Alf

Trumpettom001

I had a similar thing, but there was a noticable amout of play in the seat it's self.... I just tightened the seat rail bolts, that sorted it out...

OP
OP
colcazal

colcazal

seems fine now. Took out post and cleand frame insert and post. Removed seat and cleaned rails. So thanks for replys.

Col

Top Bottom