Cube Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Goggs has a similar bike

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/trekking-classic-hybrid-bike-advice-required.208133/#post-4494984

Don't know if s/he is still active on the forum though

Drago

Legendary Member
I know know of a few frame failures on Police Cube MTB's, but that's going back many years now. I suspect they're pretty much-ish with their peers, price for price.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I know know of a few frame failures on Police Cube MTB's, but that's going back many years now. I suspect they're pretty much-ish with their peers, price for price.
Have you seen the size of Sussex bicycle plod and the amount of gear they wear? ;)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have a cube Attain GTC Race - absolutely brilliant bike and great VFM since i got £300 off or more in the sales

Almost full ultegra. Only thing that wasn't ultegra was the brakes but ive since switched mine out for ultegra ones as i was being a bit OCD

cbs

I have a had a Cube Litening for a good few years now, and last year Mrs cbs got an Attain, with hydraulic disks and Ultegra. Both are top quality and good value and I have been really happy with mine.

gaijintendo

Veteran
They seem to make bikes that hit every level on your Carrera Boatman Pinarello scale, after a quick look online.

I suspect some of this question comes down to how people perceive the brand, and I would guess favourably. If I put my Cracker Coltrane hat on, and think like a bike snob, I'd guess better than a Boardman? Though... Some Boardman's are pure class... So I just wasted anyone who read this's time.

Last edited:

Jamieyorky

Veteran
I currently own 2 Cube's and i must admit they are the best bikes ive owned ( and ive owned a few when i was in the cycle trade ).

1st is my Cube Agree gtc sl:
20160930_084544.jpg

2nd is my Cube Town pro:
IMG_20170914_164021_710.jpg

Both very different bikes and Totaly diffrent price ranges but you can still feel the german quality.

I would definitely recommend Cube Bikes.

Buck

Guru
I have a Cube Peloton and it’s an amazing bike with good spec and no issues with the bike. They are good value for money.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5113775, member: 45"]What are people's views in terms of quality and VFM? Are we talking Carrera, Boardman or Pinarello?

It's the Cube Travel I'm particularly interested in, but given that dealers in the UK don't hold them and have to order them over from Germany I'm not anticipating anyone here ever having seen one.[/QUOTE]

The Cube Centre at Infinity Cycles has a Cube Hyde Race in stock and with a bit knocked off.

I think it's the naked version of the Travel you are interested in.

Cube, as you've seen, offer a ludicrously large range of bikes.

Good in a way, but it means the chances of seeing the model you are interested in in stock are low.

I would also be a bit wary of the ordering process.

Fine if the shop can genuinely say the bike is at a warehouse in the UK.

But a factory order can take months, if it ever arrives at all.

Infinity is at Langley Moor near Durham City, possibly not much good for a Cycle to Work customer in Somerset.

But they are known to be honest and straightforward, unlike some dealers who wlll take an order and then welch on the quoted delivery date.

https://www.durham.cubebikestore.eu/668/products/cube-hyde-race-black-green.aspx

Top Bottom