1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cube Bikes?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Mister Paul, 12 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

What are people's views in terms of quality and VFM? Are we talking Carrera, Boardman or Pinarello?

It's the Cube Travel I'm particularly interested in, but given that dealers in the UK don't hold them and have to order them over from Germany I'm not anticipating anyone here ever having seen one.

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

@Goggs has a similar bike

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/trekking-classic-hybrid-bike-advice-required.208133/#post-4494984

Don't know if s/he is still active on the forum though

Mister Paul likes this.
  3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Very pleased with a Cube Acid I own. The build quality and bits and bobs are great and I got a very good set of components for the price. No experience of the bike you are hankering after. Sorry.

Mister Paul likes this.
  4. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry More gruff than grumpy

boardman-esque imo (depends on your view of Boardman's I reckon)

Mister Paul likes this.
  5. Drago

Drago Guru

I know know of a few frame failures on Police Cube MTB's, but that's going back many years now. I suspect they're pretty much-ish with their peers, price for price.

Mister Paul likes this.
  6. Dec66

Dec66 Über Member

I have a Cube Peleton

Smashing bike, especially for what I paid for it.

Sixmile, Mrs M and Mister Paul like this.
  7. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry More gruff than grumpy

Have you seen the size of Sussex bicycle plod and the amount of gear they wear? ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

I used to ride St John's Cycle Responder bikes. They would have been well above the recommended load weight, so much so that riders often tipped sideways off them.

GrumpyGregry likes this.
  9. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

Same here. I've a Peloton Race and the spec is hard to beat without spending silly money, which is why I haven't upgraded since buying it second hand in 2016.

10. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

I have a cube Attain GTC Race - absolutely brilliant bike and great VFM since i got £300 off or more in the sales

Almost full ultegra. Only thing that wasn't ultegra was the brakes but ive since switched mine out for ultegra ones as i was being a bit OCD

11. gaijintendo

gaijintendo Senior Member

Mister Paul likes this.
  12. cbs

cbs Well-Known Member

I have a had a Cube Litening for a good few years now, and last year Mrs cbs got an Attain, with hydraulic disks and Ultegra. Both are top quality and good value and I have been really happy with mine.

Mister Paul likes this.
  13. gaijintendo

gaijintendo Senior Member

They seem to make bikes that hit every level on your Carrera Boatman Pinarello scale, after a quick look online.

I suspect some of this question comes down to how people perceive the brand, and I would guess favourably. If I put my Cracker Coltrane hat on, and think like a bike snob, I'd guess better than a Boardman? Though... Some Boardman's are pure class... So I just wasted anyone who read this's time.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2018
    Mister Paul likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

15. Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky Senior Member

I currently own 2 Cube's and i must admit they are the best bikes ive owned ( and ive owned a few when i was in the cycle trade ).

1st is my Cube Agree gtc sl:
    20160930_084544.jpg

2nd is my Cube Town pro:
    IMG_20170914_164021_710.jpg

Both very different bikes and Totaly diffrent price ranges but you can still feel the german quality.

I would definitely recommend Cube Bikes.

Mrs M likes this.