Current Affairs Folder posting only, no replies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I took those comments with a pinch of salt. I'm sure the Mods have said that PMs remain private and I believe them..........blimey, if the one where I declared undying love to @TheDoctor ever came out, I'd be hugely embarrassed.
Mods cannot read PMs, unless they're sent to us. The last one from @Rocky has left me feeling traumatised. And somewhat aroused. Again.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think the regulars have composed their own response in full support of Admins decision.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/it-seems-like-naca-is-knackered.278927/
Ive been reading that thread and some of the posters on there pleading their innoncence and condeming others is quite commical…….even the ones who post regular abusive comments about other posters are even pleading innocence.

NACA should have been shut and then shaun announce it afterwards. That part of the forum is full of hatred and vitriol, towards members, towards public faces, towards celebrities, towards goverment, towards brexxiters…….its an embarrassment.

Ive been reading that thread and some of the posters on there pleading their innoncence and condeming others is quite commical…….even the ones who post regular abusive comments about other posters are even pleading innocence.

NACA should have been shut and then shaun announce it afterwards. That part of the forum is full of hatred and vitriol, towards members, towards public faces, towards celebrities, towards goverment, towards brexxiters…….its an embarrassment.

It looks very much like some of the regular posters are totally lacking in self awareness or any understanding or acceptance of how they are a big part of the problem, as they seem unable to realise that their posts are totally vindicating the mods decision.

I suspect there are a number of posters that would enjoy a discussion on current affairs, but unfortunately, there were too many preachers that simply didn't want that to happen, possibly for fear of finding holes in their favoured position.

Hopefully, the decision will offer an opportunity for self reflection.

Last edited:

jowwy

It looks very much like some of the regular posters are totally lacking in self awareness or any understanding or acceptance of how they are a big part of the problem, as they seem unable to realise that their posts are totally vindicating the mods decision.

I suspect there are a number of posters that would enjoy a discussion on current affairs, but unfortunately, there were too many preachers that simply didn't want that to happen, possibly for fear of finding holes in their favoured position.

Agreed…..the other part that needs looking at is the liking of abusive posts towards members. I call it stealth posting, some one will make an abusive posted about a member and then people will pile on with the likes, as if they cant be seen. Some do it on a regular occassion. Also posters who take trolling across into other posts and then plead their innocence and say they are doing nothing wrong.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

True, but, only beneficial to those who are willing to countenance a revision or modification of their opinion(s).

Drago

Legendary Member

Hate, vitriol, nastiness, rudness, offensive remarks, racist memes...these tactics have failed to win a single election or referendum in over a decade.

Indeed, these tactics are what make peope dig their heels in and do the opposite of that which the author wants them to. These tactics actively lose elections and referenda.

Which begs the question of why they keep at doing it? One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again in the hope of a different result. Those concerned are doing the samething over and over again, and shouting louder and louder when itn isn't working.

That being the case I'm surprised Shaun hasn't called for an ambulance to haul the forum away long ago. I have every sympathy with Shaun and the mods on this one, and will mourn neither the passing of the forum or the disappearance of the professionally affronted usual suspects.

Discussions of Y fronts, bloomers, converting vans into motorhomes and, just occasionally , even cycling rarely cause such angst.

Hate, vitriol, nastiness, rudness, offensive remarks, racist memes...these tactics have failed to win a single election or referendum in over a decade.

Indeed, these tactics are what make peope dig their heels in and do the opposite of that which the author wants them to. These tactics actively lose elections and referenda.

Which begs the question of why they keep at doing it? One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again in the hope of a different result. Those concerned are doing the samething over and over again, and shouting louder and louder when itn isn't working.

That being the case I'm surprised Shaun hasn't called for an ambulance to haul the forum away long ago. I have every sympathy with Shaun and the mods on this one, and will mourn neither the passing of the forum or the disappearance of the professionally affronted usual suspects.

Discussions of Y fronts, bloomers, converting vans into motorhomes and, just occasionally , even cycling rarely cause such angst.

It's amusing watching the discussion of the ban on NACA, as many of the posters that are the most guilty of posting as you describe, don't recognise that aspect of their posts, so will never come up with a viable solution.

Like you, I have every sympathy with the mods.

jowwy

It's amusing watching the discussion of the ban on NACA, as many of the posters that are the most guilty of posting as you describe, don't recognise that aspect of their posts, so will never come up with a viable solution.

Like you, I have every sympathy with the mods.
It really is comical to read and watch as they pour over their own scorn……

Drago

Legendary Member
Bill and Ted were right. We should be excellent to one another.

Last edited:

jowwy

Hows your back garden? (Thats not a euphemism!) Have you updated the thread of late?
Its looking pretty good drago……i have updated other threads, but not the main one that i set-up

i was recently accused of being a willy waver for posting about my garden projects and the work i have done…..so decided to not post about them any longer.

Last edited:

jowwy

Oh, pish posh Jowwers. I live for threads like your garden, and Jhn Bsialshfhslnagdinrbvhaomebhviej's DIY and van diaries.
Yup i love this threads too……you garage looked good at the finish and thats the type of projects i like too see, people using their skills for their own good.

Top Bottom