Cycle Brake Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
The back caliper device looks interesting, though the battery wouldn't last long

giphy_grande.gif

https://www.gthi.co/products/bicycl...m=atc&utm_campaign=brakeuk&utm_content=roadcc

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It can go join all the bicycle indicator lights, light-up clothing and projection systems in the "reinventions of failed solutions looking for a problem" box. Nobody ever crashed into a bike because they didn't know it was braking - they crashed because they failed to drive so they could stop within what they could see to be clear. Brake lights are rather debatable on cars but most people on bikes are slowing from much lower speeds and generally braking even less.

Drago

Legendary Member
With all the war, starvation and poverty in the World it never ceases to amaze me that people still waste time and resources on tripe such as this

With all the war, starvation and poverty in the World it never ceases to amaze me that people still waste time and resources on tripe such as this
My kettle needs indicators for when I move it around the kitchen as I'm worried other people in the kitchen may not know where I am moving it. Also brake lights for when I stop moving it.

Lonestar

Veteran
5oxhef.jpg

Someone I knew did this many years ago (in the late 70's) and it worked.Using two microswitches.

Though obviously this is a gimmick and a waste of time.I would have done a system if I could be bothered but as others say it's pointless.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if they make those compulsory on brakes for anyone racing in a peloton. I remember when things got jittery in the bunch how we all used to glue our eyes to the guy in front's brake caliper. If it moves, you're alert and looking for an escape route. It didn't help if the guy was a font-braker.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Question is whether drivers would even know it was meant to indicate you were braking.
Yeah. Naw.

It's been tried many many many times before. Maybe the best example is the B+M Toplight Line Braketec.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzQoUy3wHd0

It's been on sale at least six years. It's better than the one in the OP, still hasn't caught on and never will BECAUSE IT'S A FAILED IDEA.

Now we can close the internet ;)

[QUOTE 4833082, member: 259"]p {
font-family: "Comic Sans MS", cursive, sans-serif;
}[/QUOTE]

Ahem...let me try again. Front-braker. Or more in tune with this forum's favourite mistake: Front-breaker.

OK, now it is closing time.

Top Bottom