Cycle Brake Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I wish people in city centres had indicators and brake lights for walking.
Something like these?
hi-vis-led-cycling2.png

Front and rear lights, indicators on the sleeves.
Similar available from
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cyc...-gilets/visijax-commuter-led-indicator-jacket

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Something like these?
View attachment 357071
Front and rear lights, indicators on the sleeves.
Similar available from
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cyc...-gilets/visijax-commuter-led-indicator-jacket

I saw I jogger on the cycle track with one of these - last winter

Thought I'd died and gone to Blake 7 Heaven :tongue:

mustang1

Guru
This reminds me of when I first heard about those green lasers that shine on the ground shaped like a bike.

Next thing I knew, those Boris bikes had them.

And finally I knew whenever I saw one of those green laser things approaching, there's probably a newbie approaching on a bike and better be extra alert.

classic33

Leg End Member
We shouldn't be talking about these sorts of things. It's one step away from some dingbat deciding it's our legal requirement to use them! :stop:
There's two on the local council who feel cyclists should be wearing the jackets above.

One insisting cyclists aren't using road vehicles, so get off the road. I had a fully functioning set of lights, he didn't. Something that made him dislike me a bit more when he got the ticket for it.

al78

Guru
I have seen the Toplight brake light before. Considered it then decided it wasn't really needed, more of a novelty than anything else. I have a hi-viz jacket with an integrated LED light on the back. I'm not convinced that made any difference to being noticed when cycling at night in rural areas. When I removed the LED prior to washing the jacket I couldn't get it to work anymore, so it got thrown away.

al78

Guru
It's a city. There ain't no space and being unaware of that is the main thing that allows people to keep living in 'em. ;)

Then by that definition there must be some space. The problem is the oblivious idiots that take paths on a collision course with someone else, rather than walk in the adjacent 50 square meters where there isn't anyone to crash into (aka space). You can usually tell the worst culprits, they will have a small rectangular clueless idiot identifying object held to their ears.

Top Bottom