Cycle Carrier ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cubby

Über Member

ChrisKH

Guru
Try roofbox.co.uk, that's where I got mine from. Very happy with what I have.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

bonj2

i've got an atera strada (wheel support) one, and it's great. Bikes lock onto it so they're relatively secure. Although the ones like you've posted above look ok. probably more tempted to go for thule than the other one.

bonj2

i got mine from roofbox too, very good service. had a problem with the mounting device ?(it broke, i'd say mostly it's fault but a little bit mine - basically it didn't work like it was supposed to and i forced it and part of it bent rendering it unusable) but they were very understanding and they not only delivered me a new one of a newer design but picked the old one up from me.

Dave5N

Über Member
Another vote here for the Altera Strada - absolutely outstanding bit of engineering.

Think mine came from that roofbox website - whoever it was certainly offer a great service.

GrahamG

Guru
I've been using a £30 jobby that has been great for the last couple of years however, if you're going to be doing any kind of distance at all you need a lighting board. At the very, very least, if only short journeys and your car lights are not obscured, you'll need to strap a number plate on every time.
Anyway, I'm happy strapping on a board every time but if usage becomes more regular then I'll have to get a proper decent thule one with it all built in. Have a think about whether or not it's best just to do this from the start!

johnnyh

Veteran
I'm trying to decide between a MaxxRaxx tow mount or roof carriers, since I need to tow a trailer when we go on holiday.

But can second that Roofbox.co.uk are tops for service.

OP
OP
cubby

cubby

Über Member
Thanks everyone for the replies, unfortunatly the Altera Strada is a little to big as it don't fold up for storage as i dont have a garage or big enough shed to store it in.
Also the distance wouldn't be huge apart from once a year (camping holiday).
So maybe go for the Thule Xpress and see how i go from there .

Thanks

bonj2

cubby said:
Thanks everyone for the replies, unfortunatly the Altera Strada is a little to big as it don't fold up for storage as i dont have a garage or big enough shed to store it in.
Also the distance wouldn't be huge apart from once a year (camping holiday).
So maybe go for the Thule Xpress and see how i go from there .

Thanks

er... yes it does
mine does anwyay. as in the bit that sticks up folds flat to the base.

Top Bottom