Cycle Chat Funding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
alecstilleyedye said:
is there a sudden paranoia that he's going to bugger off in a huff and start talking to sheep?

i can't speak for shaun, but if he was after cash he could have taken a small cut from the jerseys, and i doubt anyone would have minded at all. the fact that i'm pretty sure that wasn't the case is a testament to the bloke's good character.

You mean he isn't Shaun the Sheep

shaun350.jpg

Will1985

Über Member
yello said:
Noooooooo! Get that order in! I want to resplendent in a CC jersey on my club rides asap!

Yes I'm with you on that one too, as if I put it in very soon they would be ready for the good weather!

I'm half wondering whether to add a few of the popular ones to the order to make the discount level and put them in the FS section if it only speeds up the order.

yello

Will1985 said:
Yes I'm with you on that one too, as if I put it in very soon they would be ready for the good weather!

Excellent. I decided today to get some bib shorts too, if they're going. I'll PM you.

gbb

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Oh god, not the sodding C word again...:biggrin:
No, it isn't. Why do people misuse the C word so much? Cliques exist purely to exclude outsiders. They are hostile and unwelcoming by definition. Which part of that could you possibly apply to any part of this forum?
New blood is good though, I always worried abut this place getting too cosy and stale and a steady influx would be no bad thing.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
Whats happening is some members, as in real life, are more vocal, chatter, natter and are involved in more discussions....

Its funny. You can't be something you're not, even behind the veil of the web. I consider myself a moderately quiet person in real life...and dont get involved in chatter and natter in the forum, just as in real life.

Some do...brilliant. I've never felt excluded or seperate, if and when i do join in.

Cliquey....no.

Shaun

Founder
EmGee DK said:
Regarding the need or the wish for new blood at a greater pace I would suggest that before you start using money on adverts you try to up your google placement. I tried three keywords: 1. 'cycling' - nowhere to be seen on the first page 2. 'cycling forum' same 3. 'cycling forum uk' - 6th.

I re-did all the keywords a couple of months ago and CC started ranking a lot better as a result, however I made a glaringly obvious ommission - cycling forum.

I corrected that earlier this week, so hopefully that'll be picked-up the next time the G-bot whisps by. :smile:

We're not doing bad at all really - I think we've had at least 1 new member every single day for the past few months, so we're slowly growing the ranks.

I was thinking of C+ ads for a bit of fun, something silly that would give people a laugh and at the same time pique their interest in CC.

Cheers,
Shaun

EmGee DK

Admin said:
I re-did all the keywords a couple of months ago and CC started ranking a lot better as a result, however I made a glaringly obvious ommission - cycling forum.

I corrected that earlier this week, so hopefully that'll be picked-up the next time the G-bot whisps by. ;)

We're not doing bad at all really - I think we've had at least 1 new member every single day for the past few months, so we're slowly growing the ranks.

I was thinking of C+ ads for a bit of fun, something silly that would give people a laugh and at the same time pique their interest in CC.

Cheers,
Shaun

I didnt mean to suggest that it was bad, only that before spending any money on ads, there are expense free means of optimizing the site for google. And I like free. :blush:
Generally I'm a not fond of banner advertising, because people tend to overlook them. Not saying they are worthless and a funny add on a website aimed at a spot on target audience might just do the trick. It could be fun to see what ideas the users here could come up with regarding an add on C+.

Top Bottom