Cycle Chat Jersey Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Hopefully I'll have a bit more information about caps and socks tomorrow. I've enquired about the possibility of 2 sock colours.

Young Un

Gutted: Was going to go for the windtex jacket and some thermal biblongs - but I;ve discovered that the long don't come with a pad, and I;'m not sure wearing bibshorts under biblongs would be very comfortable.

iLB

Hello there
Young Un said:
Gutted: Was going to go for the windtex jacket and some thermal biblongs - but I;ve discovered that the long don't come with a pad, and I;'m not sure wearing bibshorts under biblongs would be very comfortable.

over the top steve, ftw

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok, for the ladies out there, I measured myself and my jersey.

Then left the note at home.

However, from memory (and I can only remember the inches):

I have a medium jersey. My bust is 36", my waist is 35/36 (depends if I suck in) and my hips are 38 (?not sure I've remembered that right. Definitely biggest of all anyway)

The widest part of the jersey (just under the arms, so sort of bust height) is about 40" round.

Dunno if that helps anyone.

Oh, and looking at the state of my shorts today, they are starting to shed lycra bits and go see-through in places, so I think I might treat myself to some new ones.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah, so...

Anyone give me sizing advice on the shorts? I'm a ladies size 14 (working on it, but fear 12 would be optimistic just yet). I know I can probably work it all out from the catalogue and stuff, need to measure myself again to be sure....

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Update - socks are a no-go... they have been removed from the range.

Caps are good to go - single design only.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Phew!

And it looks like I need Medium shorts. I'll print another form off tomorrow when I have access to a printer....

Garz

Squat Member
Will, if anybody may know its you..

I bought a few jerseys recently and vary tremendously. I have one which is labelled 'XL' and fits well, I have one that's 'L' and fits like a glove, one thats again a 'L' and is too small and finally my original and first which is 'S' and fits well.

All range in measurements from armpit to armpit seam from 18" to 21". As they all differ in material it makes it hard to accurately gauge too.

On the form I emailed you I chose a 'Medium' , what size have you got and could you measure the armpit to armpit for me?

TIA Garz

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not sure if you mean me or Will, but I've got a Medium jersey, and armpit to armpit, as it lay on the bed, was 20", which I reckoned made 40" all round.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Arch said:
Not sure if you mean me or Will, but I've got a Medium jersey, and armpit to armpit, as it lay on the bed, was 20", which I reckoned made 40" all round.

Thanks - that could equate to a mens 39" chest, allowing an inch movement for a snug fit. My snug fit shirts in other brands are about 21 to 21.5 inches armpit to armpit.

This afternoon, I tried on various sizes of Endura jerseys in my LBS. I have a 41" chest, putting me on the high side of the medium size in the chart. Medium wasn't even worth trying, large was too small and extra large a perfect snug fit. I'll have to pm Will to change my order sizes, it seems.

I wonder if the same disparity applies to the shorts sizes? I expect we can organise a post-order Cyclechat swapshop if there are any problems!

[Edit] This might get more attention as a separate topic, and clutter up this thread less, so I've created one.

John

zacklaws

Guru
>>>as it lay on the bed, was 20", which I reckoned made 40" all round<<<

You made me chuckle their Arch, next time you chase some more policemen, ask them as you hurtle past, "Any vacancies for detectives", you may have a hidden talent of observation lurking inside.

No cake for me on the next ride, for being a cheeky sod.

Arch

Married to Night Train
zacklaws said:
>>>as it lay on the bed, was 20", which I reckoned made 40" all round<<<

You made me chuckle their Arch, next time you chase some more policemen, ask them as you hurtle past, "Any vacancies for detectives", you may have a hidden talent of observation lurking inside.

No cake for me on the next ride, for being a cheeky sod.

I'd offer to slap you, but I know I'd never catch you up on a bike....:eek:

Well, I'm on the verge of a spree. I need new shorts anyway, and I got the cheque for my work for Cyclemagic. The sensible thing would be to pay off the credit card completely this month, instead of partially.

But I'm rather drawn to the ultrapackable jacket - my current Endura waterproof is rather heavy for summer, being lined and suchlike.

Top Bottom