Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yeah, about that. Sorry put the update in the wrong thread :blush:

No update as to an earlier appointment. Will try again on Monday.

I'll just have to continue with the Gym work, adding new stuff to the workout each week.

Planks, added this week, are frikkin hard when you weigh as much as I do (toooo much) :sweat:, Side Planks are scheduled to be added next week :ohmy:, something new :B):boxing::B):unsure:.

I have not weighed myself for a few months, don't want to be depressed. I will do a scale measurement shortly, once I get the plank exercises sorted. Will make for a good new year target.

theboxers

Back in the gym after a few days out xx(.

Reasonable well rested. Gonna start cutting the treadmill time down, until the leg is sorted, and increase the cross trainer time.

Hit a new high HR for a while 160. Didn't feel too stressed though. The limitation, as always, currently is the leg so I couldn't push any harder.

Last day at the gym until the 27th (gym closed until friday). Birthday on the weekend :cheers:. So Monday is going to be hard.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to one and all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Reasonable well rested. Gonna start cutting the treadmill time down, until the leg is sorted, and increase the cross trainer time.

Hit a new high HR for a while 160. Didn't feel too stressed though. The limitation, as always, currently is the leg so I couldn't push any harder.

Last day at the gym until the 27th (gym closed until friday). Birthday on the weekend :cheers:. So Monday is going to be hard.

A few years ago, when I was significantly heavier than I should be, I found the cross trainer to be the best machine for me. Running I could do for about 10 mins initially, but the cross trainer I could do for an hour. I built up and built up on the cross trainer, slipping in the odd run to test progress, and after a couple of months I'd lost over a stone and could run an hour! Keep it up TB and you'll get there :okay:

If I can, anyone can as I love my beer :cheers: and cake 🍩

Hit a new high HR for a while 160. Didn't feel too stressed though. The limitation, as always, currently is the leg so I couldn't push any harder.y.

Happy birthday. Do you have a date for your surgery?

1. 2500 miles in real world rides
2. 2500 miles in VR rides
3. Complete double devil
4. Meet up and ride with the cyclechat dudes
5. Drop 20 lbs by May
6. Drink more Cider and eat more full English breakfasts and other bakery stuff on UK ride. - I realize this contradicts no. 5 but I thought I better have one goal I am sure I can meet.

2100 miles total for 2019 but off the bike since Nov.
Not even close on the Double Devil. I quit before the first feed stop.
Same weight...

But great to meet in person the CC dudes and ate my way through Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Goals for 2020.. same except the Double Devil replaced with a long ride in Scandinavia.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My targets for 2019

Distance : 7500 km (4700 miles) (mostly Zwift)
Zwift Racing : Get to Cat B level (22nd April)
Zwift power : hold ave 250 watts over 60 mins (completed 20.02.19 - on BRVR Zoncolan climb :okay: )
Weight : 75 kg by ToC, 70 kg by end of year (77kg mid April)
100 miles on SS : Should do this at ToC
Ave speed of 16 mph at ToC (so need to average 80 rpm)
Do a 100 mile ride on Zwift
Complete 25 Alpe du Zwift climbs (I'm at 12 at the moment)
Enjoy my riding :biggrin:
So how did 2019 go for me then?
  • Distance 2019 : 8544 Kms (so 1000 Kms more than planned, which is nice!)
  • I did get to B temporarily but now back at C (c.3.1 w/kg). Should be back in B in 2020
  • I managed that power in a climb but can only get to about 235 on flatter rides.
  • Current weight 74kg. I did get as low as 73kg in June. Must work harder!
  • Completed 100 miles on the SS at the ToC
  • Didn't manage a 100 miler on Zwift. Could find the time. Hopefully will do that in 2020
  • Currently at 24 Alpe climbs. Just 1 to go ^_^
  • I've enjoyed riding, although life did get in the way towards the back end of the year. Hopefully 2020 will be a bit better.

mjd1988

Guru
Great idea;
2000 miles
Sub 70mins up alpe
Win a c race on zwift
Century (imperial and metric)

Here we go;
-2,299 miles (2279 on zwift 😱)
-Did sub 70 (but heavily draft assisted)
-won a single c race
-metric century done but no imperial one

Overall happy scraping past those goals as had a few niggles and one baby to contend with! Next year I have to do more riding outside, at least 1% of total mileage would be nice :whistle: although I do want my Tron bike. Planning a dry(ish) January and going pescetarian for the month as well so hopefully weight will drop a bit too

Nebulous

Guru
Cycling goals:-
Complete an SR - 200, 300, 400, 600 audax
5000 miles - 3000 outdoors
3 watts / kilo

Others:

lose 5 kilos by end of March - 81 kilos ( currently 86)

Well I don’t think I can complain, though I always want a bit more.

Completed my SR and for a bonus point I managed to get an entry to PBP, despite not having a pre-qualifier, and completed that as well in 86 hours 15 minutes.

I’ve done over 6200 miles, about 2/3rds outdoors.

I beat 3 watts / kilo quite comfortably and am probably hovering around it now, so can’t afford to slip any more.

I got down to 80 kilos, though it took me until about June, when the weather improved. Unfortunately as I’ve reduced my effort in the autumn it has gone backwards and I’m now around 84.

I need to have a think about 2020. LEL isn’t until 2021 and I might try a bit more speed work next year, with Zwift races and club TTs before building up the distance again in the run-up to LEL.

theboxers

100 miles a week. For the year. 5200 miles (8369km).
Tron bike in Zwift at my actual weight :whistle:
ToC 100.
More outdoor miles :eek:.

A lot of the other normal things that are targets will probably come, if I can do the above :unsure:, just don't want to target them this year.
Well, erm, :blush:. Not so good for me. Half way through the year I was just a little behind my distance target. That's when it all went a bit PT.

Up to june 2nd I was on it and had amassed about 2200 miles.

I then attempted the ToC 100. I completed 93.7% before cramping out in Yaxley on Church Road :B) :cry::cursing::cry::cursing: :B).

The point at which I stopped

I then had the indignity of having to complete the remainder of the course in the Lantern Rouge Van. Yeah I did complete the course. The timing sheet says so :whistle:.

And that was the start of my problems. From June 2nd until today I have done about 25 miles or less. Found out I have a blood flow issue to my right leg starting from above my groin. The left is better but not perfect.

The Tron bike went by the way as I had to stop riding the bike in Zwift and Real Life.

So this year has ended up being a pile of poo as far as riding is concerned :cursing::cursing:.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, erm, :blush:. Not so good for me. Half way through the year I was just a little behind my distance target. That's when it all went a bit PT.

Up to june 2nd I was on it and had amassed about 2200 miles.

I then attempted the ToC 100. I completed 93.7% before cramping out in Yaxley on Church Road :B) :cry::cursing::cry::cursing: :B).

The point at which I stopped

I then had the indignity of having to complete the remainder of the course in the Lantern Rouge Van. Yeah I did complete the course. The timing sheet says so :whistle:.

And that was the start of my problems. From June 2nd until today I have done about 25 miles or less. Found out I have a blood flow issue to my right leg starting from above my groin. The left is better but not perfect.

The Tron bike went by the way as I had to stop riding the bike in Zwift and Real Life.

So this year has ended up being a pile of poo as far as riding is concerned :cursing::cursing:.

Boxers, is there a solution to your medical issues?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well, that is it for 2019.

2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year) - Did 7,609 miles with 2,894 (38%) outside
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year) - ah, didn't happen. I managed one marathon over the year 26.2 miles :smile:
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year) - Did 24,003
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003) - lowest was 11st 7lbs. Ending the year at 11st 11lbs.
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs) - did 4hrs 27mins 51 secs
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power - managed to do all these. Next year may be hard to replicate.

So pretty successful 2019 - the trick is to keep improving which is not easy when you are an old git such as myself :smile:

Who is starting the 2020 thread :smile:

mjd1988

Guru

Well, that is it for 2019.

2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year) - Did 7,609 miles with 2,894 (38%) outside
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year) - ah, didn't happen. I managed one marathon over the year 26.2 miles :smile:
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year) - Did 24,003
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003) - lowest was 11st 7lbs. Ending the year at 11st 11lbs.
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs) - did 4hrs 27mins 51 secs
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power - managed to do all these. Next year may be hard to replicate.

So pretty successful 2019 - the trick is to keep improving which is not easy when you are an old git such as myself :smile:

Who is starting the 2020 thread :smile:

theboxers

Boxers, is there a solution to your medical issues?
Won't know until at least the 20th Jan :cursing:. I'm hoping it's gonna be something simple, and quick. I'm going to Spain at the end of Jan, but may be able to push that back if I can get an early date for an op, if that's the route they decide to go down.

Just sitting here being frustrated at almost every turn due to the limitations I'm currently running under :cry:

Top Bottom