Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
476379-c73d6e9db6e25b1a1f3f66a080e1a762.jpg.jpeg

Well I don't know if it's me or my injury but these ain't doing jack.

mjd1988

Guru
The 3.0W/Kg 100 mile rides are quite entertaining in a masochistic kind of way. I did one last year survival after mile 75mile, dropped off what was left of group mile 85. Started with 100+ riders, less than 20 finished

I clearly didn't pick up on the 3w/kg part :laugh:

View attachment 477364

Well I don't know if it's me or my injury but these ain't doing jack.

They are fairly mild but can still do a number on your stomach

theboxers

I'm off for a doppler test, on my calf, as soon as I can book the appointment (done at the surgery). My BP was higher than normal for me, wasn't feeling great today so may have upped the reading.

Still no progress as far as my foot/leg is concerned. I'm getting mightily piffed off with how this is going. :cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cry::cry::cry:

I'm off for a doppler test, on my calf, as soon as I can book the appointment (done at the surgery). My BP was higher than normal for me, wasn't feeling great today so may have upped the reading.

Still no progress as far as my foot/leg is concerned. I'm getting mightily piffed off with how this is going. :cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cry::cry::cry:
Have they ruled out an achilles tendon tear?

berty bassett

Legendary Member

3hit news mate , thought it would be sorting itself out by now ! - have you thought about acupuncture ? i tried it a while back and it was unbelievable what a difference 3 needles made ! i went in there the most doubting doubtingthomas ever and came out simply amazed - worth a go while waiting for other stuff to be sorted

CXRAndy

Guru
3hit news mate , thought it would be sorting itself out by now ! - have you thought about acupuncture ? i tried it a while back and it was unbelievable what a difference 3 needles made ! i went in there the most doubting doubtingthomas ever and came out simply amazed - worth a go while waiting for other stuff to be sorted

Its amazing what a little prick can do for you :tongue:

That's what I keep telling the wife:laugh:

theboxers

Have they ruled out an achilles tendon tear?
Nothing ruled out yet. It's a case of try this, that didn't work, try this. The NHS is free but can at times be slowwwwwww :cry:
I've been getting acupuncture from the osteopath. Not helped so far. But not got the right diagnosis to get the right points to put pins in :banghead:

Like anything it's the frustration of not being able to do what you want or need to do to stay relatively fit.:cry:

theboxers

BP test done 120/80

Doppler test done. Right arm, left arm and left leg all fine, flows good, pressure good.

Right leg and foot not so much. A distinct lack of blood flow meant no detectable pulse. This sort of links up with the numbness in the foot and calf issues when riding and walking.

Blood test ordered. Cholesterol, diabetes and whatever else they want to test.

Been put on blood thinners :unsure:.

Also been referred to the vascular team to find out what's happening with my leg. They may change/remove the blood thinners once I see them.

Just waiting for the appointment now.

Hurry up.and wait.

It is just a unlucky coincidence that my thigh, back and this issue all followed each other appearing to be from the same cause when they may not have been.:banghead:

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
BP test done 120/80

Doppler test done. Right arm, left arm and left leg all fine, flows good, pressure good.

Right leg and foot not so much. A distinct lack of blood flow meant no detectable pulse. This sort of links up with the numbness in the foot and calf issues when riding and walking.

Blood test ordered. Cholesterol, diabetes and whatever else they want to test.

Been put on blood thinners :unsure:.

Also been referred to the vascular team to find out what's happening with my leg. They may change/remove the blood thinners once I see them.

Just waiting for the appointment now.

Hurry up.and wait.

It is just a unlucky coincidence that my thigh, back and this issue all followed each other appearing to be the same cause when they may not have been.:banghead:

I hope you get a quick resolution of issues Boxers. GWS

theboxers

Thanks @CXRAndy . It's just damned frustrating not being able to do shiv. I feel like I'm getting back to.where I was 5 years ago, not good.

Anywho Doc says swimming should be OK due to the low stress on the legs.

Off to join the local sports centre with gym and swimming pool.

Last edited:

theboxers

Yeah this swimming lark may have been a little, erm, cleansing :unsure:. After the blood draw yesterday I spent a lot of the day within 10ft of the loo :sad:.

No swimming today, daren't risk it. Hopefully back swimming tomorrow :unsure:

theboxers

Blood results are back. Every thing seems to be ok except Sugar. Slightly elevated 8.6. Go to.get that down to between 6 and 8. I'm hoping the swimming will help with that.

Now Just waiting for the Vascular Surgery team appointment so I cam get my calf/foot problem investigated :cry:

Top Bottom