Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
No, 79kg I'm choosing to round down to the nearest kg, which is better than the Pros who seem to be rounding down by 2 kgs . Plus, as I sweat so much, most of my ride i'm 0.5 - 1kg lighter anyway than when I started :tongue:

:laugh:

Nebulous

Guru
I've been away in a caravan for a couple of weeks, with my bike, but no turbo, so all my miles have been outside. I've just about reached 2000km for the year, which has me on course to meet my target. More pleasingly though, I'm home for a couple of days, weighed myself and I'm showing 83.1kgs, down by 3kg for the year. I haven't really been working very hard on my weight, hoping the increased exercise would make a difference, but until now it has been reluctant to shift.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
2019 goals:
5000 miles for the year
Completing Chase the Sun by sunset (205 miles on the longest day)
Have fun
Not heard of the Chase the Sun ride before - looks really interesting. Can't make that this year but certainly one to consider in the future ..... good luck on your ride :okay:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

77.2 a few times now. Hoping to hit the 76.x in the next week. Still on target for 75 by end of May. Final big push!!

The 'skinny' 32in jeans I bought recently because my 34in 'skinny' jeans were getting too baggy, and now also getting baggy. A few more KG and I may be down to 30in waist :eek: I'm almost where I was last when I was in Uni in the late 80s :hyper: When I was nearly 16 stone (100kg) back in 2010 I never thought I'd be where I am today - pretty much given up on ever getting fit again. Really enjoying this though, and HID is liking her 'young' husband (she's never known me this slim and we've been together 23 years).

Norry1

Legendary Member
2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year)
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year)
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year)
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003)
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs)
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power

That should do :smile:

Clocked over 3,000 miles this year as of today - and 28% of those are outside which is not too bad. Well ahead of schedule.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Did my 100 miler yesterday at ToC and on the SS so that's another couple of targets ticked off. Weight is 75kg so that's pretty good (went as low as 74kg yesterday but I've managed to eat back up to 75kg :mrpig: ). More work needed now to get down to 70kg by the end of the year :training:

Nebulous

Guru
Cycling goals:-
Complete an SR - 200, 300, 400, 600 audax
5000 miles - 3000 outdoors
3 watts / kilo

Others:

lose 5 kilos by end of March - 81 kilos ( currently 86)

I've done most of this, so feeling reasonably pleased, but it has just been a starter for something else.
Completed my SR
Averaged 1000 kms a month so far, so on target to safely exceed 8000km (5000miles) for the year.
I think I'm over 3 watts per kilo - though I haven't tested recently FTP around 250watts
Took longer than I planned to lose the weight, but on Thursday I weighed 79.9 kilos. Probably first time I've been under 80kg since I was a teenager.

After completing the SR I felt a bit aimless, looking for a goal for the rest of the year. However I've now succeeded in getting a place for Paris Brest Paris on the 18th of August, so need to up my effort over the next month or so.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

I've done most of this, so feeling reasonably pleased, but it has just been a starter for something else.
Completed my SR
Averaged 1000 kms a month so far, so on target to safely exceed 8000km (5000miles) for the year.
I think I'm over 3 watts per kilo - though I haven't tested recently FTP around 250watts
Took longer than I planned to lose the weight, but on Thursday I weighed 79.9 kilos. Probably first time I've been under 80kg since I was a teenager.

After completing the SR I felt a bit aimless, looking for a goal for the rest of the year. However I've now succeeded in getting a place for Paris Brest Paris on the 18th of August, so need to up my effort over the next month or so.
PBP .... nice :okay: Wishing you all the best on that mate :cheers:

Top Bottom