Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I started down the Audax route a while ago and fancied doing longer and longer rides. For some reason I didn't get past 300km and the nature of my riding changed a bit.

Great work on the SR - and good luck with PBP :bravo:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I started down the Audax route a while ago and fancied doing longer and longer rides. For some reason I didn't get past 300km and the nature of my riding changed a bit.

Great work on the SR - and good luck with PBP :bravo:
Given the 'aggressive' style of your new bike, how far do you think you could ride? Do you think it's making a big difference and a more 'endurance' style would be better?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Given the 'aggressive' style of your new bike, how far do you think you could ride? Do you think it's making a big difference and a more 'endurance' style would be better?

I know it would look strange on a monster audax, but I really feel comfy on the SystemSix. I don't think the bike would limit the distance I could ride.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well I've been forced to let my targets drop this year. I was doing ok for the time target, but the mileage was slowly slipping away from me. Having done next to no riding for the last 7 weeks I will be unable to catch up the lost time and distance due to being unsure when I will be able to ride properly. My back, calf and foot are still not right and no one knows what is wrong. Doctors appointments are the being arranged with the view to getting a x-ray a least and a full scan, preferably.

I'll be taking up swimming trying to keep what little fitness I have retained, and hopefully try to get back to a reasonable state, as it is a none weight bearing sport and will not cause any issues, I spoke to the physio and osteopath and both think it will be ok. I'm hoping that the new movements will loosen up my currently tight back along side light gym work and stretches.

theboxers

Anyone had experience with these

15637953747211445465658057262422.jpg

Got a 2 week supply but only supposed to use them for a week initially :unsure:

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone had experience with these

View attachment 476570

Got a 2 week supply but only supposed to use them for a week initially :unsure:

Yes, they're strong anti inflammatory drugs for pain relief. Non steriod. Some folk are fine others are not. I had no issues, but weren't so good at pain relief. I found codeine had more of a punch

theboxers

Yes, they're strong anti inflammatory drugs for pain relief. Non steriod. Some folk are fine others are not. I had no issues, but weren't so good at pain relief. I found codeine had more of a punch
I've got no pain per se. Just numbness in the ball of the foot and what presents as cramp (best description) starting mid way up the calf muscle when walking more than 25yds. The numbness expands from the ball of the foot to nearly the whole foot after about 100yds or so. Shopping for food is not fun.

My back is in spasm but is not painful, just tight. But the spasm is migrating up the back where I'm compensating for the lower issue.

Blood test tomorrow. Results expected next week. 2nd doctors appointment a week Friday for the results and check on the use of the pills. Possible referrall to the Muscle and Skeletal team to follow.

Hurry up and wait. :cry:

rivers

How far can I go?
The double century is done and dusted. We finished before sunset (just, 6 minutes to spare), and it was touch and go for a while due to faffing about on stops, but we made up time in the much hillier part of the route somehow. It was an epic day out.
I'm currently 3600 miles into the year, so well ahead of my 5000 mile goal. My speed is creeping up, getting ever so close to the 16mph mark for my commute, and am getting in an under an hour at least once a week. I broke 20mph average on a club TT as well. And I somehow managed a 16+ mph average on my CX bike when I crashed a Monday night Moray Firth club run when I was visiting Inverness a few weeks ago.
Ride London coming up, plus a weekend in Devon with friends and my first venture into bikepacking at the end of next month. This year is shaping up to be pretty good. Here's to hoping I break 16mph on my way to work before winter

mjd1988

Guru
Time for a check on where i am with a third of the year left

1. 250 miles so far, on track
2. 68 mins on tour de zwift; v happy with this one.
3. Briefly had a c race victory until someone got reinstated. (someone with a 3.3W/Kg on the day, and 324FTP according to zwiftpower :gun:)
4. Going to have to get outside to do this one! Feeling doable at the moment if things continue going well when weather gets better, but haven't got near so far.

1469/2000miles ;
pretty confident i'll get this done now; with the new arrival there was a good period of no bike riding at all but now at least getting the odd zwift session in. I've also done something to the big ring so i've been in the little ring doing steep climbs for the last while rather than focusing on distance - i know i should just change the realism but it's forcing me to climb which is a good thing. My power numbers are pretty good as well which makes me suspect that when i've been on the big ring the chain has been rubbing the front derailleur for some time. I hope.

sub 70 alpe;
done. would like to do it on a non-event day when i'm not drafting though

C victory zwift;
done.

Metric century;
done.
imperial century;
Less confident at getting an imperial century as i can't really be outside on the bike at all at the moment, let alone for several hours. Doing one on zwift is a big ask, but i notice the vegan cyclist is doing a group ride this week - its during work hours but i'll keep an eye out for another one.

CXRAndy

Guru
imperial century;
Less confident at getting an imperial century as i can't really be outside on the bike at all at the moment, let alone for several hours. Doing one on zwift is a big ask, but i notice the vegan cyclist is doing a group ride this week - its during work hours but i'll keep an eye out for another one

The 3.0W/Kg 100 mile rides are quite entertaining in a masochistic kind of way. I did one last year survival after mile 75mile, dropped off what was left of group mile 85. Started with 100+ riders, less than 20 finished

Top Bottom