Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm well into the 80.x region now. Target for the next 2 weeks (so mid march) is to be 79kg, and by the end of March 78kg. If I can then keep losing 2 kg a month I could be as low as 74kg by ToC :biggrin: Must keep focus :becool:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Yesterday my wife told me I was too skinny and had to put some weight back on.

So think I'll only take another 3/4kg off and then try and stay at 75kg. Just need to get my FTP up to 300W and I'll be at 4W/kg ^_^
You must be a lot taller than me then. I'm still classed as overweight in bmi terms. 75 only squeezes me into normal lol

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

5 ft 8 ins. My scales say 17% body fat now.
Same height as me .... at 75kg you shouldn't be skinny! I'm aiming for 70kg. I think I'm too muscular to go much below that but I certainly don't plan to stop at 75kg. You need to have a word with your good lady, and tell her to stay away from me on the road you need to keep that excess weight off :biggrin:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Yesterday my wife told me I was too skinny and had to put some weight back on.

So think I'll only take another 3/4kg off and then try and stay at 75kg. Just need to get my FTP up to 300W and I'll be at 4W/kg ^_^
Just checked the BMI calculator .... 75kg at 5'8" is borderline overweight (BMI of 25).

The NHS calculator website thinks "Healthy weight range for your height: 55.4kg - 74.8kg"

I think I'll give 55.4kg as a target a miss though :eek:

CXRAndy

Guru
Just checked the BMI calculator .... 75kg at 5'8" is borderline overweight (BMI of 25).

The NHS calculator website thinks "Healthy weight range for your height: 55.4kg - 74.8kg"

I think I'll give 55.4kg as a target a miss though :eek:

BMI is sh!te. Hip waist ratio and a proper body fat percentage analysis are much better. Depends on each persons goals as to how far they want to take weight loss.

17% body fat Martin for your age is excellent. Has it been a struggle or easy to get there.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

BMI is sh!te. Hip waist ratio and a proper body fat percentage analysis are much better. Depends on each persons goals as to how far they want to take weight loss.

17% body fat Martin for your age is excellent. Has it been a struggle or easy to get there.
Agreed, it's just one measure and doesn't take account of build type. For e.g. most rugby players would be 'obese' due to weight to height ratio, even though they are built like brick sh1t houses. It's a guide though and like all guides it has it's place if used the right way.

Fat % of 17% is high end of 'fitness' (according to this chart https://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/) . 6-13% is the 'athletic' range. I think I'm still in 'obese' :mrpig:

Norry1

Legendary Member

I have been stuck at around 21% for ages. I used Dry January to take the weight off along with using MyFitnessPal to track intake and doing lots of brisk walking along with cycling. It came off quite quickly. I'm keeping it steady by having a similar approach 3 days a week now.

CXRAndy

Guru

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
5 ft 8 ins. My scales say 17% body fat now.

Same height as me .... at 75kg you shouldn't be skinny! I'm aiming for 70kg. I think I'm too muscular to go much below that but I certainly don't plan to stop at 75kg. You need to have a word with your good lady, and tell her to stay away from me on the road you need to keep that excess weight off :biggrin:

And me :biggrin: I really hope I can get back to 65Kg again it's only around 3Kg to loose, the real issue though is I'm running at 13% body fat, and trying to get down below that really takes a lot of hard work and dieting. ... I'm also carrying more muscle than I have at any other time in my life, when I was at my fittest, I was also at my leanest at 55Kg ... I guess that is what 35 years does to you :rofl:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

How was that sausage??
oo er .... cheeky!! Wasn't it @berty bassett who had the sausage surprise? :laugh:

I see what you and @TurboTommy are trying to do; you're trying to sabotage my weight loss as you can see me storming up the road behind you and you're trying to work out how to stay away. You can't lose any more weight yourselves, it's hard to get more power, so you're trying to get me fat again ;) Nah, not gonna happen. I've seen the light ... if I get light I could be a contender :boxing:

Just hope the Neo2 doesn't rob me of 30 watts compared to the kickr :cry:

Top Bottom