Cycle Chatter Targets 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
1) Book onto DD 130 miler

2) Try and turn up for start of DD

3) Complete LCW injury free

Norry1

Legendary Member
2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year)
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year)
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year)
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003)
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs)
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power

That should do :smile:

Thought I'd do an update as we are nearly a month in.

1. I'm 24 miles behind pace on my 6,000 miles target.
2. Running miles started well, but got a calf injury which has stopped me running at the moment - typical for running
3. I'm 327 behind pace on my 19,000 TSS tarhet - which is a fair chunk
4. I've achieved my weight target amazingly. I was 12st 2lbs yesterday vs my 12st 4 target - lowest since I started keeping records
5. Not done a hundred miler yet, will try and beat my best at ToC
6. Not beaten any of my best Watts so far this year

How are you guys doing?

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Add a couple of noughts to get to my target :eek:. Seriously I need to drop about 2 bags of cement :mrpig:
Mixed Unit Alert!
Before I started on my weight loss program I was 97kg (15st 3lb). After a lot of yo-yoing around the 12st mark for ages I managed to get to below 11st, Now the yo-yo is around the 70-72kg mark and has been stubbornly staying just above 70kg for weeks.

mjd1988

Guru
Great idea;
2000 miles
Sub 70mins up alpe
Win a c race on zwift
Century (imperial and metric)

1. 250 miles so far, on track
2. 68 mins on tour de zwift; v happy with this one.
3. Briefly had a c race victory until someone got reinstated. (someone with a 3.3W/Kg on the day, and 324FTP according to zwiftpower :gun:)
4. Going to have to get outside to do this one! Feeling doable at the moment if things continue going well when weather gets better, but haven't got near so far.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My targets for 2019

Distance : 7500 km (4700 miles) (mostly Zwift)
Zwift Racing : Get to Cat B level
Zwift power : hold ave 250 watts over 60 mins
Weight : 75 kg by ToC, 70 kg by end of year
100 miles on SS : Should do this at ToC
Ave speed of 16 mph at ToC (so need to average 80 rpm)
Do a 100 mile ride on Zwift
Complete 25 Alpe du Zwift climbs (I'm at 12 at the moment)
Enjoy my riding :biggrin:

So far in 2019 I've registered 888km on Strava, so well ahead of my target for the year which is not too bad given the chest infection I had over Xmas and early in the month.

Weight is slowly dropping but much too early to say if I'll hit these targets. I've struggled over the years to drop serious weight so this is a real challenge for me!

Rode the first 28.6km of ToC via the Element Bolt yesterday and averaged 17.8mph so, as long as I can keep that up for another 80 miles I'm good for my ToC targets :biggrin:

Power not increasing yet, but Jan has been mostly ToZwift focus ... Feb I'll start to work on power too :okay:

I am definitely enjoying my riding :wahhey:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Mixed Unit Alert!
Before I started on my weight loss program I was 97kg (15st 3lb). After a lot of yo-yoing around the 12st mark for ages I managed to get to below 11st, Now the yo-yo is around the 70-72kg mark and has been stubbornly staying just above 70kg for weeks.
My final target is 70kg (i'm 5ft 8in tall) so I'd be pleased with that :tongue: Maybe if I ever get to 70kg though I'll want to get lower ... who knows? As they say though ... baby steps :bicycle:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
My target is to get back on the bike.
I've already mentioned that I've been in chronic back pain since November. At the moment it's ruling my life, with physio, tai chi and gut destroying painkillers my only allies.
fark me I'm going to win!
I feel your pain ... actually quite literally in this case, End of October 2017 to October 2018 crippling sciatica, bit of physio, bit of Oriental manipulation, LOTS AND LOTS of codeine and I beat through it ... finally discovered the issue was my bikes saddle had been fitted nose down when I replaced it in the beginning of October 2017 ... pain vanished within 2 weeks of correcting it..

Good luck in sorting it out.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I feel your pain ... actually quite literally in this case, End of October 2017 to October 2018 crippling sciatica, bit of physio, bit of Oriental manipulation, LOTS AND LOTS of codeine and I beat through it ... finally discovered the issue was my bikes saddle had been fitted nose down when I replaced it in the beginning of October 2017 ... pain vanished within 2 weeks of correcting it..

Good luck in sorting it out.
:dry: That's the sort of self inflicted numptyness that sends my back into spasm.

Luckily, for me, my issues, although excrutiatingly painful, are generally short lived. I can frequently feel the onset of a back problem and book an osteopath appointment before it gets to the stage of I can't walk. The fix can be almost as painful as the injury but I can at least walk.

Top Bottom