Cycle helmets are useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

Are pedestrians who don't wear helmets also "wannabee heroes"?

After all there are no claims from from the pedestrians who didnt wear a helmet, boasting about how much less damage they suffered to their head by not wearing one.

pathetic reply but I guess you felt you had to make one.

MarkF

Guru
Leathers caused you to crash, eh? Really?

Yes, they had a psychological effect on me, I felt protected and rode recklessly, I knew if I slid off it was no big deal. I didn't have a problem till I came into money and bought top m/bike safety gear. It's not an unusual analogy, I didn't crash before and I don't crash now.

MarkF

Guru
Not at all. Wearing leathers has a psychological impact, do you think TT riders would produce the same times in flip flops and underpants?

MrWill

Say your traveling at 15mph, you slip on a manhole and come off and bang your head on the kerb or whatever. With or without the helmet it will hurt. But the difference I think would be an open wound also, if you were not wearing a helmet. The impact would be reduced slightly too I would think if you had one on.
Loads of scenarios I can think of where a well fitting cycling helmet would help at least a bit.

Struggling to think of any where a helmet causes more damage etc...?

Personally I wear one only half the time. Don'twant my hair messed up sometimes, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom