Cycle Mirror on the wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Stupidity.
I'd personally say choice, or to listen to music/radio. Not my choice admittedly but each to their own. I'd even accept what's said (by earphone wearers) that they can hear traffic noise etc.

But, yes,we derail. This thread is about mirrors.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Ive dismissed the wrist mirror as a bad idea, as mentioned falling off with a piece of glass attached could be nasty. Other negatives would be they interfere with wearing gloves and just too jiggly and hard to focus with.
Being skint ive sent off for a budget bar end which has internal mounting rather than a strap 360° Adjustable Bicycle Convex Safe Rear View Mirror for Most MTB Road Bike 4894670392284 | eBay :okay: will report back on its effectiveness :okay:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
The Zefal Spy from another angle

I used a rear-viz wrist mirror. It's a pretty high end one nothing like the one above. Very adjustable.
On flat bars with bar ends it was pretty easy to place in position and of course, is infinitely adjustable by simply moving the wrist.

I never had a problem with it for gloves or any other clothing. In cold or wet weather it simply went on top.

My model was quite large (a few years ago now, I believe current models are a lot slimmer) and I found it uncomfortable on long days because it needed to be pretty tight. For commutes in busy traffic I'd consider it superior to a mirror attached to the handlebars because of its versatility - adjust the wrist and get a whole new view.

As regards an off, I'd have been pretty confident that it would either snap off or fold up on impact. I'd be more worried about the design of the one above.

Threevok

As regards an off, I'd have been pretty confident that it would either snap off or fold up on impact. I'd be more worried about the design of the one above.

I have several offs with it and it's survived. I don't even remove it for off-road. Doesn't move position even then

deaninkl

Regular
I have seen mirrors on the internet that can be worn on the wrist, has anyone got one and are they any good .
Yes. NO.
I bought mine from AliExpress, over a few months I bought a few different type of mirrors, all basically crap.. The wrist one being the worst. I also tried mirrors mounted on haddlebars and bar end mirrors. The bar end were the best, but still did not really give the view I wanted. I finally gave up on bike mirrows and went back listening and frequent looks over my shoulder.

Have not seen and qualty mirror out there for bicycle.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Ive dismissed the wrist mirror as a bad idea, as mentioned falling off with a piece of glass attached could be nasty. Other negatives would be they interfere with wearing gloves and just too jiggly and hard to focus with.
Being skint ive sent off for a budget bar end which has internal mounting rather than a strap 360° Adjustable Bicycle Convex Safe Rear View Mirror for Most MTB Road Bike 4894670392284 | eBay :okay: will report back on its effectiveness :okay:
To save anyone wasting their money on the above bar end mirror i can say its absolute ***te Nothing wrong with the mechanics of it but the mirror is like a poorly polished distorted bit of aluminium. ****er! i should have got a dearer option...buy cheap buy twice....Might just give up on the idea altogether :rolleyes:
******Correction! an admission of stupidity here :laugh: the mirror is actually ok for the money...i didnt twig that theres a fine plastic film on the face of the mirror that needs to be removed.....oops...and i sent bad feedback too! :rolleyes::laugh:

Last edited:

Threevok

I had a Cateye like the one above and loved it. Unfortunately, this control gate saw the end of it (and this is one of the wider ones around here)

So I had to fettle one, for my geared bikes (pictured) using a Zefal flip and a light bracket and bar of fleebay

Top Bottom