Cycle model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a Claud Butler as it is a reputable make. I would like to know how old it is and what it's worth. Not to sell it, just for intrigue. There are no stickers to state the model, does anyone know how I can find this out? I have done a few searches to no avail.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We need pics @Dimples 6890
Don't forget that the CB is now owned by a company who just stick the name on far East produced bikes. So unless it's a vintage model it won't be a 'real' Claud Butler.

:welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
We need pics @Dimples 6890
Don't forget that the CB is now owned by a company who just stick the name on far East produced bikes. So unless it's a vintage model it won't be a 'real' Claud Butler.

:welcome: to the forum.

That's why I want to identify it. I'd like to know the model even if it's not a real CB. It's an aluminum frame. That's why I bought it.

Attachments

• Claud Butler 1.jpg
    Claud Butler 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Claud Butler.jpg
    Claud Butler.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 64

Drago

Legendary Member
I think that's a Cape Wrath. Not worth very much, but...

There were 531 and 653 versions, which while still not worth loads is at least a reasonable quality frame. I don't think this would be one of those as the V brakes mark is as about 1996 onwards in the CB timeline.

Better pics would be helpful.

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It probably is a "Real" Claud Butler, although by the time this frame was made, their name was generally used by Falcon Cycles to push out various named models under different names Claud Butler/CBR/Shogun/British Eagle etc

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Certainly a far East made frame but maybe assembled on UK, unless someone knows otherwise. Model name was usually on the frame.

OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
I think that's a Cape Wrath. Not worth very much, but...

There were 531 and 653 versions, which while still not worth loads is at least a reasonable quality frame. I don't think this would be one of those as the V brakes mark is as about 1996 onwards in the CB timeline.

Better pics would be helpful.

How much is not much?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If Cape Wrath anywhere between £100- 220 depending on condition and year and whether it has discs ( preferable). According to the EvilBay.

Top Bottom