cycle show series 2 on itv4 now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We know.......

I didn't know. And I missed it. Thanks for not enough heads up guys :sad:

Its repeated at the weekend 12 noon saturday (and sometime again on sunday) I thought first series was okay not madly exciting but theres not enough positive stuff about cycling so anything is a plus

StuartG

slower but further
I'm afraid I only lasted 5 mins. The setting was like Top Gear only without the budget, the egos and a sense of purpose.

IMHO the topic list was narrow and hence succeeded in not appealing to most whilst ensuring that the 2/3 niches it appeared to be targeting would be put off by the stuff for the other niches. Well I may be wrong but most of us, I guess, give at most 5 minutes to an unknown programme to grab us before we flick. The turgid filmed opening sequence must have wasted 3 minutes of that.

BTW was the logo bought cheap, second hand, from ChainReaction?
http://www.thecycleshow.co.uk/

Lee_M

Guru
I'm afraid I only lasted 5 mins. The setting was like Top Gear only without the budget, the egos and a sense of purpose.

IMHO the topic list was narrow and hence succeeded in not appealing to most whilst ensuring that the 2/3 niches it appeared to be targeting would be put off by the stuff for the other niches. Well I may be wrong but most of us, I guess, give at most 5 minutes to an unknown programme to grab us before we flick. The turgid filmed opening sequence must have wasted 3 minutes of that.

BTW was the logo bought cheap, second hand, from ChainReaction?
http://www.thecycleshow.co.uk/

I thought it was fine, the topic list was cycling, what did you expect?

Last series was a bit dull in places... The turbo trainer head to head should be replaced with a velodrome race.....

And besides any programme however boring about cycling beats incessant property programmes about people who have budgets way beyond average means or diet programmes about lazy people.... Ooh that was an unexpected rant on tuesday morning

StuartG

slower but further
I thought it was fine, the topic list was cycling, what did you expect?

At the very least that it would appeal to the CycleChat demographic. Now look at the niches they covered and CC subforum post numbers. They targeted the smallest and completely ignored the big'uns. These are (leaving out the mostly social subforums):

* Beginners
* Commuting
* Informal Rides & Events
* Know How
* Bikes, Accessories, Kit & Clothing

Even something like Touring may not be huge but is something many aspire to one day and a travelogue will normally have a stronger story line and visuals than, say racing. Hence if its not aimed at CC members as a whole - exactly who is it aimed at?

At the very least that it would appeal to the CycleChat demographic. Now look at the niches they covered and CC subforum post numbers. They targeted the smallest and completely ignored the big'uns. These are (leaving out the mostly social subforums):

* Beginners
* Commuting
* Informal Rides & Events
* Know How
* Bikes, Accessories, Kit & Clothing

Even something like Touring may not be huge but is something many aspire to one day and a travelogue will normally have a stronger story line and visuals than, say racing. Hence if its not aimed at CC members as a whole - exactly who is it aimed at?

They did cover most of those topics last series but I haven't seen last nights episode yet

Missed the first half hour as was watching The Hampton Court flower show,turned over just in time to hear the words"thats it for the road cycling now for mountain biking" after that turned off. Guess I never missed much

Top Bottom