Cycle Snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My mistake, YouTube skipped to this vid, the one I meant to post I have now edited my post with.
I still can't see the relevance. The thread is about other cyclists being superior, and your clip shows bad driving.

And your post is the first to mention London. Commuters are too busy giving stink eyes to drivers (as your clip illustrates) and pedestrians, to have any left over for other cyclists.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
I still can't see the relevance. The thread is about other cyclists being superior, and your clip shows bad driving.

And your post is the first to mention London. Commuters are too busy giving stink eyes to drivers (as your clip illustrates) and pedestrians, to have any left over for other cyclists.

Like this post has none either but you didn't pick up on that.

Skoda actually has a great tradition. Not for nowt were the Nazis keen to get hold of their factory.

I personally always liked their older somewhat individual styling.

The czech car industry produced some great looking cars - one I can never remember the name of sadly - a sort of 50s space car looking thing.

(I used to drive an Audi by the way - but I didn't pay for it or its expensive servicing - I wouldn't have done either - nice car as it was)
The 130 RS,

View: https://youtu.be/Nu_4yWkNtYQ

Skip to 7mins to see it being driven

e-rider

crappy member
I've been cycling for six months on and off now and on Thursday I cycled 50 miles for the first time and another 40 today. Today I noticed a few people on road bikes giving me dirty looks because I don't ride a road bike but a hybrid.
what did these 'dirty looks' look like? Perhaps you were wearing a pink tutu, or maybe it was all in your head?

I tend to find myself laughing down my sleeve at a lot of the 'bike snob' types. "Oooooowwwww, it's a Decathlon bike" ( said in an annoying nasally whine). Then the Decathlon bikes, get a hat full of awards, from the respected cycling journals, these types seem to like sticking the pages of, together, then they go quiet. Then I ask how much they paid for their bike, which trailed in well behind my "BSO" in the same journals tests. Then I chuckle, lots.:laugh:

A while ago, he was wanting an Audi A4 estate, but the 'All-Road' as their 4x4 derivative is called, to tow his BWSOW
It took me too long to find out what that meant!:laugh:
You figured it out them??
We've had 3, the last two being twin-axles, before my wife px-ed the last for a 'Posh PortaCabin'

I tend to find myself laughing down my sleeve at a lot of the 'bike snob' types. "Oooooowwwww, it's a Decathlon bike" ( said in an annoying nasally whine). Then the Decathlon bikes, get a hat full of awards, from the respected cycling journals, these types seem to like sticking the pages of, together, then they go quiet. Then I ask how much they paid for their bike, which trailed in well behind my "BSO" in the same journals tests. Then I chuckle, lots.:laugh:
That was a familiar story with Boardman bikes, when they first entered the market
Then people stopped laughing

Sponsoring the Brownlees, for one (two......), was an astute move

freiston

Veteran
You figured it out them??
We've had 3, the last two being twin-axles, before my wife px-ed the last for a 'Posh PortaCabin'
Big White Shed On Wheels (aka caravan) - If a posh portacabin isn't also a caravan, I can't think what it is (and couldn't find it with Google either)

Big White Shed On Wheels (aka caravan) - If a posh portacabin isn't also a caravan, I can't think what it is (and couldn't find it with Google either)
A big cream, & blue, clue:okay:

Towing. Caravans. Atlas. Moonstone. 1.JPG

The old 'BWSOW' (Elddis Crusader Storm) & my -sadly long departed- 110Td5

Towing. Caravans. Elddis Crusader Storm 2000. S50 RAT. 6.JPG

johnnyb47

Guru
Whilst out on one of my jollies today, a cyclist on a flash bike and dressed up ready to take on the best of the TDF looked me up and down with a look of disgust at my old ageing Peugeot bike. I spoke but i got no response. On the way back i saw him again but this time he was pushing his bike thanks to a puncture. As I'm not the vindictive type i stopped and gave him my spare tube. Hopefully his bike snobbery views will be a little different from now on and realise it doesn't matter what bike you ride but more to the fact cycling is for all walks of life and budget.( just hope he didn't mind my cheap wilkos inner tube gracing his expensive rims )

Last edited:
You are a saint. To tell the truth i wouldn't have given owt to a bike snob who also didn't have the sense to carry a spare tube (preferably 2) or even a repair kit. Was he a weight weenie with a pump that looked like a hypo syringe? I am well known for refusing water to a weight weenie who came out without a drop to save weight. ,What did he say after you gave him the spare tube?

johnnyb47

Guru
When i stopped to ask if everything was ok he was a little off Standish with me but after i offered him my spare tube he was actually quite a pleasant guy to talk to. Either way he was in the middle of know where and i wouldn't wish a long walk home for him. I kind of got the impression he felt a little uncomfortable by my generosity after his earlier behaviour. As i set off i couldn't resist dropping a little hint that us cyclist should stick together no matter what bikes we ride. I did it very subtly though to not cause any offence..Just enough to make him think :-)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
That was a familiar story with Boardman bikes, when they first entered the market
Then people stopped laughing

Sponsoring the Brownlees, for one (two......), was an astute move

Can't beat a Boardman. Makes me laugh when cyclo-snobs make veiled comments about Halfords and i mention that the local gold medalist / world champion heroes seem quite happy to ride them...

Brownlee boys.jpg

Last edited:
Some folks object to halfords as they see them as anti green car freaks. Seems very puritan to me. If in need of a good basic tool in an area without good bike shops, I will always head to an halfords. They also used to sell a fair bit of polaris kit, a company much appreciated by a few folk on here I think.

Top Bottom