Cycle to Work -New Halfords Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I think you have to make your choice before you select your voucher. I also seem to remember that the amount could be adjusted to suit.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5118416, member: 45"]So, I've read all the blurb. When you apply for the voucher you have to specify an amount. What happens if you then find a bargain and don't use all of the amount? I can't see that explained anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I believe you pay the value of the voucher. No change given. Spend the balance or cancel and reapply

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 5118416, member: 45"]So, I've read all the blurb. When you apply for the voucher you have to specify an amount. What happens if you then find a bargain and don't use all of the amount? I can't see that explained anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You can spend any amount left over on cycling accessories. The exact items are open to debate depending on the scheme and, in some cases, who is serving you in the shop.
Officially it's 'safety related' kit - helmet, lights, pumps, mudguards, etc, but I've heard tales of people buying new wheels, etc.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Make sure it's properly insured. Isn't that a pain if you want to sell it on? Who on earth keeps a bike for 4-5 years ;)
I'm with you on that :okay: I got a new one a few months ago (on Halfords C2W) but don't really get on with it, so I'll be selling it after 12 months ownership & using funds towards N+1
My oldest bike is nearly 2 years old :blush: Unless you count my single speed? The frame is an old Raleigh, but all other components were new approx 18 months ago

midlife

Guru
I'm with you on that :okay: I got a new one a few months ago (on Halfords C2W) but don't really get on with it, so I'll be selling it after 12 months ownership & using funds towards N+1
My oldest bike is nearly 2 years old :blush: Unless you count my single speed? The frame is an old Raleigh, but all other components were new approx 18 months ago

Just out of curiosity are you allowed to sell it .... Doesn't it belong to Halfords?

vickster

Legendary Member
Just out of curiosity are you allowed to sell it .... Doesn't it belong to Halfords?
Presumably if he’s paid the fee? If that’s still feasible. Otherwise presumably not?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Depends if the changes to the scheme affect me, without checking my paperwork, I'm sure I signed up to a 12 month agreement, then a final payment to take ownership. I'll have to sell it anyway as I don't have room in the garage for another, so one needs to go before the end of the year when my next one arrives :okay:

Top Bottom