• Slow West

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unforgiven

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Who Dares Wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ronin
Lone Survivor

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The guitar case shootouts in Desperado are amusing in a comic book way. Especially Antonio Banderas in the bar ("Not yet!") and the chap with the rocket launcher guitar case and his hilarious (and impractical) stance.

20210211_101744.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Deadpool?
Saving Private Ryan? Both the opening beach scene and, perhaps more fitting to the question, the closing bridge scene.
I don't think SPR really counts as a 'movie shootout' and we should certainly disqualify anything that strives for too much realism.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have never fired an automatic weapon, but i'm pretty sure my aim would not be as bad as some of the actors in many of these scenes. The baddies seem to have had the least amount of training, they seem to go through several magazines of ammo without being able to hit the good guy/girl, yet often the good guy/girl only has a piddly little handgun & fells multiple baddies with a single shot.

I must admit I also like the bulletproof wood that they make all the table out of, clearly a good place to hide.

The other one that confuses me, why when they are trying to stop a car do they not just take out the radiator, the engine will not last long without coolant.

Oops am i being too sensible?

I have never fired an automatic weapon, but i'm pretty sure my aim would not be as bad as some of the actors in many of these scenes. The baddies seem to have had the least amount of training, they seem to go through several magazines of ammo without being able to hit the good guy/girl, yet often the good guy/girl only has a piddly little handgun & fells multiple baddies with a single shot.

I must admit I also like the bulletproof wood that they make all the table out of, clearly a good place to hide.

The other one that confuses me, why when they are trying to stop a car do they not just take out the radiator, the engine will not last long without coolant.

Oops am i being too sensible?
In the USA, police departments show a frighteningly wide variation in competance. Las Vegas will drill you at 40 yards, NYPD will ventilate anything ( and anyone) in the vicinity.
Full auto is hard to control if you start off with more enthusiasm than training.
Back in the heyday of airline hijackings, an El Al flight in Zurich was attacked by 4 AK wielding particular individuals. They were subdued by a guy with a little Beretta 22 pistol.
A radiator shot from a pistol or shotgun will casuse leakage but not an immediate stop. Even a NATO std infantry rifle is iffy. You need something heavy hitting and/or armour piercing to crack a cylinder block for an immediate stop. 50 cal is the anti material round of choice if you dont have to carry it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

A radiator shot from a pistol or shotgun will casuse leakage but not an immediate stop.
Appreciate that but it would not take that long, but I'm sure it would curtail some of the car chase shots the director wants included

Top Bottom