CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Ok, so technically it ain't a cafe, it's a burger van with seating!!

However a decent toasted bacon sarnie and a coffee for £3.80. Very pleasant ladies serving.

The only downside for me is that as the crow flies it is barely seven mile from my house. I had to do a big detour (42 mile) to warrant going there!

https://g.co/kgs/bCrMUQ

Ok, so technically it ain't a cafe, it's a burger van with seating!!

However a decent toasted bacon sarnie and a coffee for £3.80. Very pleasant ladies serving.

The only downside for me is that as the crow flies it is barely seven mile from my house. I had to do a big detour (42 mile) to warrant going there!

https://g.co/kgs/bCrMUQ

Sadly not open for weekend rides though but good find !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
At the weekend I called in at the Dragonfly café at Harrold-Odell country park not far from Bedford.

Nice place. I didn't take any photos.

I've put it on the map.

Chislenko

Veteran
Accidentally went to this cafe at the weekend. Ridden past lots of times but never been in before - turns out its a really popular bike cafe ! Loads of cyclists there.

https://www.rosefarmshop.co.uk/

It's in Utkinton close to Tarporley in Cheshire.

Went and discovered it a few weeks back after @GuyBoden had mentioned it. Nice to sit outside (weather dependent) and watch all the comings and goings at the shop part.

GuyBoden

Guru
Accidentally went to this cafe at the weekend. Ridden past lots of times but never been in before - turns out its a really popular bike cafe ! Loads of cyclists there.

https://www.rosefarmshop.co.uk/

It's in Utkinton close to Tarporley in Cheshire.
Went and discovered it a few weeks back after @GuyBoden had mentioned it. Nice to sit outside (weather dependent) and watch all the comings and goings at the shop part.

One of my fav cafes, the hills and views around there are fantastic, plus I like the Donkeys.:tongue:

Chislenko

Veteran
Ok, technically again not a cafe but a burger van in a builders merchants yard!

Yum Yums contained within the yard of Beesely and Fildes builders merchants, Mickle Trafford near Chester.

Obviously no indoor seating but by the time I arrived the sun was out so enjoyed my burger and coffee at the outside table.

Cheeseburger and a coffee £4.50. I also took the opportunity to look at some flag stones as I will be renewing the back patio next spring!

Ok, technically again not a cafe but a burger van in a builders merchants yard!

Yum Yums contained within the yard of Beesely and Fildes builders merchants, Mickle Trafford near Chester.

Obviously no indoor seating but by the time I arrived the sun was out so enjoyed my burger and coffee at the outside table.

Cheeseburger and a coffee £4.50. I also took the opportunity to look at some flag stones as I will be renewing the back patio next spring!

Goddamn - we ride past that yard all of the time. Had no idea there was a van there. Mmmm.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Rufford Marina, The Boathouse, St Mary's - all the same place but different folk give it different names.

I haven't been for three years as I felt cyclists were becoming unwelcome. Went back yesterday as three others wanted to go. The woman on the till was offhand, slightly rude and it was clear we weren't welcome in the main building. We went to one of the outside chalets were a very friendly, older lady took our order; toasted teacakes, jam, scone, coffees. Teacakes arrived, no jam, cold and mine was rubbery, probably last saw a toaster at 9.00am. Coffee arrived with jam as I was halfway through second half of my teacake. Later discovered the jam serving was 40p! At the till the request to pay separately was clearly very inconvenient.

I won't be returning for another three years.........if ever.

Anyone in the area can find Tastebuds 200 yards further down the road. Don't forget to ask for the cyclist's special and use the bike racks!!!!!

Rufford Marina, The Boathouse, St Mary's - all the same place but different folk give it different names.

I haven't been for three years as I felt cyclists were becoming unwelcome. Went back yesterday as three others wanted to go. The woman on the till was offhand, slightly rude and it was clear we weren't welcome in the main building. We went to one of the outside chalets were a very friendly, older lady took our order; toasted teacakes, jam, scone, coffees. Teacakes arrived, no jam, cold and mine was rubbery, probably last saw a toaster at 9.00am. Coffee arrived with jam as I was halfway through second half of my teacake. Later discovered the jam serving was 40p! At the till the request to pay separately was clearly very inconvenient.

I won't be returning for another three years.........if ever.

Anyone in the area can find Tastebuds 200 yards further down the road. Don't forget to ask for the cyclist's special and use the bike racks!!!!!

Thanks for the warning. I've used Tastebuds and it was very nice indeed.

Often pop into this cyclist friendly cafe in Gatley with my mum. Great sandwiches.
1673223062276.png

Chislenko

Veteran
A new one for me this morning, must have passed it thousands of times but never knew it was there! They have now put a sign on the main road telling you they have a cafe. For those local it is on the road back from Farndon to Chester.

I know this link is for a gym but the cafe is a part of the gym. Indoor and outdoor seating and a bike rack. A bog standard Americano at £2.75. Really nice spot away from the main road. Didn't have food so can't comment on quality / price etc.

https://www.aptitudehealth.co.uk/

Top Bottom