Cycling and the risk of impotency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I read this can be an issue, and I can fully understand why after a ride like today, 90km with a new saddle & bar position. Ok so I went faster and didnt need an energy drink...just one bowl of cornflakes....but boy did I ever suffer from numb nutz syndrome.....still 'thawing out'...

...anyway too much detail I suspect....but is this likely to cause serious long term vertical challenges in the reproductive department?.....

Could also be seen as 'contraception'! :blush:

Blue

Legendary Member
I sometimes suffer from the NNS, but Mrs Blue never complains about any lack of attention. Unless I was trying for a family and experiencing problems I wouldn't worry - but each to his own!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ride a recumbent innit.

Blonde

Dont put up with it. Get a holey saddle - that's what they are for (saddles, not nuts) - holey saddles prevent pressure on yer perrenial nerve thus stopping bits going numb.

Brixtonfixed

Wot Blonde said. I did the Polka Dot Challenge on a new bike with a Selle Italia SLR XP, posh saddle, an' all. At the first p*ss stop I couldn't feel the old chap at all -- and it took a while for sensation to return after the ride
Switched to a Spesh Toupe -- holey saddle -- problem solved.

Brixtonfixed said:
Wot Blonde said. I did the Polka Dot Challenge on a new bike with a Selle Italia SLR XP, posh saddle, an' all. At the first p*ss stop I couldn't feel the old chap at all -- and it took a while for sensation to return after the ride
Switched to a Spesh Toupe -- holey saddle -- problem solved.

I have one of them SLR XPs which I rarely use, the designer clearly had something of a sense of humour, XP stands for extra padding!!!! :blush:

Commuter

Peel the leather off your SLR, cut a slot out of the middle of the saddle, refit leather - sorted.
That's what I did.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Can it affect girls too? can't say i've noticed any numbness after long rides but then again i've always been too knackered to be up for much straight after! i have been a tad sore tho, when i rode to Paris, so surely it can't be much good for us either?

Top Bottom