Cycling B&B in the foothills of the Pyrenees

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Bonus, 5 Oct 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

Woke up to snow this morning! Will take some photos of the mountains later today when we go out.

This is the first snow we've had since last year march!

2. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

The weather on Wednesday . . . .

20190123_134347 (768x1024).jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

The weather on Thursday . . . .

What a difference 24 hrs makes!

20190124_111607 (1024x768).jpg

Starchivore and DCBassman like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

I often work with our friend and neighbour "Ramon the Friendly Farmer", but today I was helping out a different farmer. A friend of Ramons called . . . Ramon. Well at least I won't have trouble remembering his name.

Today was a mid-winters day, The temperature was hovering around 15 degrees this afternoon and the sun was warm on my skin. Nothing like the 35 degrees plus that we get in summer, but certainly not bad for Winter.

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it . . . .

20190208_101554 (1024x768).jpg

Znook likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

It's been a while since I posted on my "Foothills of the Pyrenees" thread. . . I tend to post anything cycling related on my "The Pyrenees - Road Riding, Mountains Biking etc . . . . " thread.

So, here's an update:

We are currently living in the town of Boltaña (pronounced Boltanya) which is 4kms away from the village of Guaso, where our "Project" is, and 6kms from the town of Ainsa which is the center of "Zona Zero MTB Land".

We're renting a three bedroom apartment which gives us plenty of space for ourselves and a spare twin room for friends & family to come and visit us.

We plan to rent out the spare room with a breakfast thrown in "Air B&B style" (but not actually through Air B&B) for visitors in the summer.

I'm currently working everyday - splitting my time between one of the local campsites, several local farmers and my MTB guiding. The work is 99% out doors, the weather has been lovely - we have only had 1 wet day in about 9 weeks - and I get to look at the mountains whenever I want to.

We are preparing new paperwork for another trip to the banks regarding a loan for our Project and we are also looking into options based on Private Investment and/or Crowd Funding.

Meanwhile we're living the dream. Loving the food, the people and the weather. Learning the language. Discovering new places and making new friends . . . .

Best wishes to everyone . . .

Bonus.

Znook and DCBassman like this.
  6. Starchivore

Starchivore I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo

I haven't been on this forum for ages- very nice to be back on and to see that your project is proceeding well and that you're having a good time out there

Bonus likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Bonus

Bonus Über Member

We've had a rather wet Easter here in Spain. Not too bad where we are but in some areas down on the Spanish coast they have had floods. It seems to be a world wide thing this week - "Durban", where we used to go on holiday when we lived in South Africa, featured briefly on the Spanish national news last night!

Here in the mountains we don't seem to get any flooding. There is very little "flat land" for water to build up on. There are network of streams and rivers leading down to the lakes and the rivers are ancient and have cut themselves between rock, not soil, so they just fill up and move faster. It's quite amazing to see the rivers in the dry season compared to the same rivers in the wet season.

Znook likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice