Cycling forums exclusively related to cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Faratid

I might have missed something, but I've done a number of searches trying to find a forum that's just about cycling. Any aspect of cycling will do, so long as it's about cycling.
The Cycling UK forum comes closest, but even that's got a lot of non cycling stuff.
Has anyone come across such a thing?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Hmmmmm.... No. Wouldn't that be slightly boring?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I might have missed something, but I've done a number of searches trying to find a forum that's just about cycling. Any aspect of cycling will do, so long as it's about cycling.
The Cycling UK forum comes closest, but even that's got a lot of non cycling stuff.
Has anyone come across such a thing?
You can hide any sub-forums here that you are not interested in, only leaving the cycling ones that you want/need/approve of!

Go into the unwanted/unneeded/disapproved of forum and look up to the top right of the page and you will see a link saying 'Ignore forum'. Click that and you will never see the forum again. Do that for all the ones in question and CycleChat becomes a smaller, but exclusively cycling forum.

PS Too slow - beaten by @annedonnelly! :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can only talk about Bottom brackets, brakes, steel, or ebikes so many times before it's all done to death, not to mention helmets, close passes, saddles etc all of which have been done a million times already.

A forum just for cycling would be hellish boring and wouldn't have many followers either that's why you don't get cycling only forums.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you're a woman, the VeloVixen Facebook group is very good and (pretty much) only cycling focussed (from what I have seen)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You can only talk about Bottom brackets, brakes, steel, or ebikes so many times before it's all done to death, not to mention helmets, close passes, saddles etc all of which have been done a million times already.

A forum just for cycling would be hellish boring and wouldn't have many followers either that's why you don't get cycling only forums.

Totally agree, I came here for a few bits of tecchie advice a couple of years ago, but if it had only been on that topic, I'd have been long gone.

I've been sitting on various saddles and pushing the pedals round on various bikes for decades, for utility, leisure, and touring purposes.

What more is there to say about it??

Chatting to a broad spectrum of people who happen to do any or all of the above, on just about every other other subject under the sun, is far more interesting.

Don't get me wrong, the technical advice is really handy, as and when needed, but talking about it all the time.??

Nah.. That gets dull pretty quick.

Nice places to go to do pedal pushing yes please -

Otherwise, no thanks.

I mean, do people who go on club rides, or meet ups together, just talk to each other about how they are pedalling their bikes the whole time??

If so, remind me never to join in one.. ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Chatting to a broad spectrum of people who happen to do any or all of the above, on just about every other other subject under the sun, is far more interesting.

Don't get me wrong, the technical advice is really handy, as and when needed, but talking about it all the time.??

Nah.. That gets dull pretty quick.

Nice places to go to do pedal pushing yes please -

Otherwise, no thanks.
I agree.

For example, I (and probably lots of others) find your farming posts interesting!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I actually find the pictures in front of... sections interesting and i do enjoy the write ups of people going on tours with their bicycles. But that in part is due to the places they visit and the interesting pictures people take and even that is not 100% cycling. Still it's close and there are thousands of them on this site. Keep you busy for ages...

Top Bottom