Cycling forums exclusively related to cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Do feel free to share though...
:stop:Best delete this post before I come back.
Posters have been put on the naughty step for a month for a lot less.

^_^

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Wait until you hear what I have to say on the subject of blood clots... :whistle:

Oh, you already have... 'several' times! :blush:
@mudsticks
When I met @ColinJ it was at the start of a ride in 2012 I think, @skudupnorth , @DiddlyDodds were also there and Colin mentioned blood clots - being like a lamb to the slaughter I showed an interest and was conscious of the two others melting into the background. The ride lasted eight hours or so and he talked the whole time!! (There may be some exaggeration there) Sorry Colin :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
@mudsticks
When I met @ColinJ it was at the start of a ride in 2012 I think, @skudupnorth , @DiddlyDodds were also there and Colin mentioned blood clots - being like a lamb to the slaughter I showed an interest and was conscious of the two others melting into the background. The ride lasted eight hours or so and he talked the whole time!! (There may be some exaggeration there) Sorry Colin :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I almost darent ask.

Is this clot thing, a personal, or professional interest ??

Come to think of it, don't tell me now, it'll be a nice surprise if we should ever run into each other.

Better get my sprinting skills honed..

Just in case it really does go on for 8hrs.:wacko:

Pizza was a triumph btw.

Even if I do say so myself :blush:

snorri

Legendary Member
I almost darent ask.
Is this clot thing, a personal, or professional interest ??
Come to think of it, don't tell me now, it'll be a nice surprise if we should ever run into each other.
Better get my sprinting skills honed..
Just in case it really does go on for 8hrs.:wacko:
You are treading on very thin ice on the surface of a very deep pond, very deep.:stop::stop:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@mudsticks
That has intrigued me because (sorry!) I don't remember riding with you... Have you changed your forum name? It could just be my awful memory letting me down though. I have ridden with probably 200+ CC members over the years and forget who many of them were. I could name maybe half of them if I took my time and wrote a list but it usually takes me 2 or 3 rides before I start to remember names and faces.

It definitely would NOT have been in 2012 because...

The clots that almost killed me were not until the summer/autumn of 2012 and I wasn't able to do a forum ride again until 2014!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have never seen a single forum on any subject where the off topic threads did not out number those on the main interest.
I joined one and I lasted about a month! It was a programming forum and they were ridiculously anal about staying On Topic.

I got a moderator's WARNING! for going Off Topic for the cycling equivalent of mentioning 12-speed chains in a discussion about 11-speed.

I then got a FINAL WARNING!! for the cycling equivalent of then mentioning SRAM 11-speed chains when the subject was Shimano 11-speed chains...

At which point I gave myself a lifetime ban! :laugh:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
That has intrigued me because (sorry!) I don't remember riding with you... Have you changed your forum name? It could just be my awful memory letting me down though. I have ridden with probably 200+ CC members over the years and forget who many of them were. I could name maybe half of them if I took my time and wrote a list but it usually takes me 2 or 3 rides before I start to remember names and faces.

It definitely would NOT have been in 2012 because...

The clots that almost killed me were not until the summer/autumn of 2012 and I wasn't able to do a forum ride again until 2014!
Ah you're right it was 2014 (Spring into the Dales)! You actually were very welcoming and good company. :okay:

Top Bottom