Cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Depending on the strength of your prescription you might be able to do what I do and wear one contact lens. This does the long distance and the other eye with no contact does the short distance. It is a bit of a compromise, but it works well for me and after a few minutes you mind adjusts.

sight-pin

Veteran
Did you have that fitted into sports glasses or just normal glasses. If normal glasses how do you get on with wind, bugs etc

No i have just normal glasses, bought two pair one with the reactolite tint thing and one pair without but both varifocal.
I've never had a problem with the wind or bugs at all with the glasses to be honest, i do though with bugs keep flying in my helmet lol.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ask your optician to look at Shoptic glasses; mine has made me a pair in varifocal and photochromic so I get perfect vision on the bike at all times of day or night, close or far. Best sports eyewear I've ever had and the clever design allows them to be glazed even with quite extreme prescriptions.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Hi can anybody give me some advice. I have been wearing contact lenses under normal cycling glasses but they keep falling out. I need glasses for both distance and reading. I bought some from spex4less which were great but could not read my garmin so sent them back has anybody had similar issues. I spoke to my opticians but they couldn't help.

Contact lenses shouldn't fall out should they?

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
Contact lenses shouldn't fall out should they?
No they shouldn't but my eyes water a lot all the time and wiping them loosens the lens I don't know whether this situation will improve as I have only been using glasses etc for about 6 months prior to that I just used ready readers but found I was wearing them all the time. I have now got varifocals but only had them 2 days so hopefully they will be okay.

Alex H

Legendary Member
No they shouldn't but my eyes water a lot all the time and wiping them loosens the lens I don't know whether this situation will improve as I have only been using glasses etc for about 6 months prior to that I just used ready readers but found I was wearing them all the time. I have now got varifocals but only had them 2 days so hopefully they will be okay.

Ah OK - didn't know that - just wear readers myself :smile:

Strange as moisture normally makes the lenses stick even more they usually come out when they dry out. Have you tried a different brand of lens to see if any help? I wear Acuvue never lost one even with streaming eyes in winter. maybe more wrap around glasses to keep the air out or even goggles?

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
Strange as moisture normally makes the lenses stick even more they usually come out when they dry out. Have you tried a different brand of lens to see if any help? I wear Acuvue never lost one even with streaming eyes in winter. maybe more wrap around glasses to keep the air out or even goggles?
Got the lenses on lens mail from specsavers monthly disposables but was only using them when cycling. Don't like wearing them for work as I'm a bedroom fitter and dust is an issue. I have got to go back to see optician to try and sort it out hopefully

There are probably loads of people that use Specsavers successfully, however I never got on with them, I found the lenses they had me using didn't last as long, would dry out and then fall out and would often rip when removing them. On one occasion I had half a rolled up lens floating round the back of my eye for 3 days when it ripped removing it Since I switched to Acuvue Advance Ive had no issues at all.

Top Bottom