Cycling in Northamptonshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any cyclists on here in Northamptonshire near Daventry? I am possibly moving to that area in about six weeks and wondered what the roads are like in that area and good places to explore. I have heard of the Daventry Cycling Club, so maybe thinking of joining them.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
welcome to the " rose of the shires " i am on the other side of the county

Chris-H

Über Member
Any cyclists on here in Northamptonshire near Daventry? I am possibly moving to that area in about six weeks and wondered what the roads are like in that area and good places to explore. I have heard of the Daventry Cycling Club, so maybe thinking of joining them.
If you do move mate then be sure to give me a shout, I'm not too far away but hav'nt a clue about the area :wacko:

pclay

Veteran
Warwickshire and Northamptonshiire is relatively flat (compared to places like the Lakes). I regularly ride around Rugby and surrounding areas. But I am not a member of any clubs though.

Like Biggs, I'm over the Wellingborough side. Some great lanes over this way. I'd offer to be a ride buddy but if you're joining a club then I'm probably too slow for you!!! Have fun :-)

lip03

Über Member
Girlfriend lives in Northampton and I've ridden Bedford to northampton Town Centre a few times roads are generally good and have an extensive selection of cycle lanes to get you into the town centre without having to hit duel carriageways.

Its gently rolling terrain in parts, nothing sustained and relatively flat in others.

pclay

Veteran
I regularly post buddy rides to the Skyride website, starting in Rugby. They have been successful over the past months, with many people turning up. We did a 70 miler from Rugby to Towcester and back again today. They are usually on Sundays starting at 9 or 10 am.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
I'm on Dav side of Northampton. There's an extensive network of lanes in area bound by A43, A5, A45 and M40. With GPS and/or an OS map you can tootle round to your heart's content.

Nice ride on Grand Prix day is over to Handley Barn, grid ref SP 661 462, to watch the Red Arrows do their stuff just before the race kicks off. Pub lunch in Blakesley to follow.

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
I regularly post buddy rides to the Skyride website, starting in Rugby. They have been successful over the past months, with many people turning up. We did a 70 miler from Rugby to Towcester and back again today. They are usually on Sundays starting at 9 or 10 am.
That sounds great I will check it out, although 70 miles is a bit much for me at the moment:thumbsup:

Top Bottom