Cycling in Northamptonshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sorelegs

i ride within 5 miles of daventry most weeks but start from near leamington, its got to be said there is some great loops within the area

MikeonaBike

I live near Kettering; not many big hills around here but there are some short, testing ones. Well, they're testing for me! Good luck with the roads, though, Northamptonshire must be the worst in the country for road surfaces, really terrible. Northants County Council are occasionally seen repairing potholes but they make such a lousy job of it, the repair has fallen apart in a couple of months. They also like to put a lovely smooth tarmac surface down when the road is so bad that a repair is unavoidable. Then, when everyone thinks, 'at last, a decent road surface', they come along again and cover the good surface with those wretched stone chippings. The road is then lethal for cyclists for weeks and a nasty surface thereafter. I hate Northants County Council.

Steven martin

I second that.... The roads are getting worse, I have a motorbike and it is getting scary on some of the local roads as you have to dodge the holes, which at speed is scary...

I work in kettering but have never explored past work.

S

MikeonaBike

I have a motorcycle too, but rarely ride it these days as I'm cycling most of the time. I think I only used the motorcycle three times last year and on one of those rides was lucky to avoid falling off after being clipped by a minibus! So, I think i may be selling my lovely Yamaha Fazer 1000.

Top Bottom