Cycling is a testosterone fueled pastime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2747533, member: 45"]So that's not the reason then is it?[/quote]
Horseriding is a female dominated pastime.
This is a screengrab from the back end of my my horse widget shop. A fair few of the men using it were buying for the women in their lives.
It is a female dominated pastime. Females make up the very vast majority of competitors in Equine competitions, and if males are involved, it is usually because the women are the driving force behind their interest.
widget.jpg

Milzy

Guru
Complete codswallop, that's body building you're talking about.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
If you see a woman riding a roadie on a sunday morning, it is the exception rather than the rule. I've seen a few out on the roads...some take it very seriously, but they are very much in the minority.

Just saying :whistle:

II don't want to take it seriously, I don't want a "roadie", I rarely ride on a Sunday morning (Papa takes eldest small person on his bike and youngest small person in her trailer attached to his electric bike to the river on a Sunday morning - I sit with Nana and drink tea and talk about stuff). I chose Bertha because she is pretty and had all the stuff I wanted on her, hub thingies and dynamo lights and a integral lock and skirt guards etc.

I ride from A to B to either get or do stuff sometimes it is shopping stuff, sometimes it is wear the little buggers out stuff, crabbing, collecting shells, going for an ice-cream, to the cinema etc, I did my highest mileage ever in one go on Friday and I posted about it. I did not post how many miles as that is irrelevant to me, apart from it was further away from the shire I had ever been type ride if I took one more rotation of the wheels, it quashed my personal fears of being so far from home with two small people and no back up if something went wrong.

Anyhoo enough about that, I have no issue in posting my piddley ride "today" and the details, I do not find that thread a wee-ing contest, nor testosterone fueled, perhaps that is because it goes over my head the I did 100 miles in eleven seconds, and I am more distracted by ooh cake or aah a pretty cow, not because I am female just because I am not a competitive person. I do not strive to be faster, go longer just "because", if there is a need for me to get to a place then I will cycle, I quite like hills, downhill I hasten to add, freewheeling down a hill and shouting woo hoo makes me feel totally care free.

Strangely the only person that has got their testosterone on and made snide comments about "my ride today" has been female.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
What an absolute load of tosh. How do you read that into this thread.

Your ride today is a great thread to see and hear where people have been riding, there is no willy waggling and it's good to hear that some have achieved maybe their PB or more miles than they did yesterday.

One of the best threads IMHO and seeing as the last post was 12611 i think it's pretty popular.

where is this 'your ride today' thread..??

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I love "your ride today", great thread. Love the descriptions and the pictures, sometimes I google map the places to better pinpoint them.
Love it when members post pictures taken in an area at different times of year. You really feel you're getting to know the places when you have never even been there!
There are rarely "technical" ride reports, tot miles in tot time at such heart rate, I tend to skip them anyway, find them boring 'cause I don't understand them.
Can't fathom why Linford think this thread would put a woman off cycling.
Surely the you tube helmet cameras videos are culprits, if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom