Cycling is the new black... Discuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
CD339.jpg

perplexed

Guru
Lots of people on bikes around these days, even here in lumpy Sheffield. I fear normality will be resumed with the new football season starting soon, and wall to wall coverage of which footballer is bonking someone else's significant other.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Lots of people on bikes around these days, even here in lumpy Sheffield. I fear normality will be resumed with the new football season starting soon, and wall to wall coverage of which footballer is bonking someone else's significant other.

Nah, been like that since last year. Even in areas where no one cycles, like bits round here.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
This was always going to happen, regardless of the recent success of Sky. Olympic year as a host nation with the accompanying media frenzy was always going to see an uptake across all sports; cycling just happens to be an easily accessible one.

All in all, it can only be a good thing. Im heartened when I see more cyclists out and about generally, and the more people who peddle, the more investment cycling generally will attract from a whole host of different sectors.

I must admit though, I can't help but get a bit frustratedly snobby whilst I'm out cycling. A month ago, I was quite happy in my routine of get home from work, quick change, 20 mile hops around certain pre-set routes... Now, alot of these routes are getting quite congested at the moment, and not all of these newer faces on the block have much ettiquette consideration for other cyclists.

Yes love, I am faster than you. Its lovely that you and your friend are laughing and giggling about the fact that you're out 'actually getting fit' riding two abrest at 5mph down a narrow cycletrack, but as you've just looked over your shoulder at me for the 5th time, would you be so good as to kindly move out of my way? Ta muchly...

Mind you, in 6-12 months time, I think we may have an awesome second-hand buyers market! :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Come the winter with it's cold weather, when the bikes and bso's are slowly decomposing in a far off corner in a shed or garden, it will all be forgotten.:sad: And spring will ring with the coming of the rag and bone man, collecting scrap metal.

It will be rainy, it will be cold: I will be asked (again!) "you didn't bring the bike (to work), did you?" :wacko:

Top Bottom