Cycling on Christmas Day ?

Christmas day cycling or family time

• Yes its ok !

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No Christmas day is family time not to be missed !

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
On my naturist site we have a similar question each year “will you be naked for Christmas day” :rolleyes:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
We usually plan a boxing day walk, as there never seems to be time (or inclination) on 25th.
Anyway, have got the father-in-law on xmas day, and i'm doing all the cooking. Haven't thought any further than that. I doubt i'd have any opportunity during daylight.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nope, usually busy prepping dinner or just chilling. This year we are hoping for a small lie in - we'll be up before the Teens, but haven't got to arrange a 'big family get together' this year. We've got a quick Nursing Home visit, then are cooking/eating for just 4 of us. Probably out Boxing Day for a spin - not doing sales.

TBH, being off road, getting filthy and the following clean up isn't something I'll be planning for Christmas Day. I did used to go out on Christmas Eve, but the roads were usually a bit busy with last minute shoppers - MTB now, so only the odd drunk to contend with.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I will be this year as I'm on my own. Kids are off to their mums weather permitting, so just me and the doggy.

Milzy

Guru
Yep, weather permitting. I either go on my own and enjoy the low traffic, bus free roads or meet a friend for coffee (unfortunately only Starbucks open but it's bearable once a year :laugh:).
Small family, no kids (luckily :whistle:)
I'll see the family in the afternoon/evening
Who would work Christmas Day in Starbucks? They must be skint.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been out on Christmas Day a few times. The roads do tend to be quieter than usual, but I was surprised that they weren't quieter still. I probably encountered 50-100 cars one Christmas morning.

One year I was rushing to get a ride in before Christmas dinner and didn't have time to clean my bike when I got back. The chain had got covered in salty grit and rusted solid overnight!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have been out on Christmas Day a few times. The roads do tend to be quieter than usual, but I was surprised that they weren't quieter still. I probably encountered 50-100 cars one Christmas morning.

One year I was rushing to get a ride in before Christmas dinner and didn't have time to clean my bike when I got back. The chain had got covered in salty grit and rusted solid overnight!
Christmas morning is busy with people going elsewhere. I expect around lunchtime would be quietest. I like it as there are no psycho bus drivers around!

Top Bottom