Cycling on Christmas Day ?

Christmas day cycling or family time

• Yes its ok !

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No Christmas day is family time not to be missed !

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
My local is open 12-2 for the first time this year on Christmas day, so my ride might just coincide with that too :laugh:

Its gotta be done. One of the best things about cycling is the fact you can have a few beers and ride home.
One of the pubs in my town is even open on Christmas day evening, from 9pm til whenever, for regulars only.
I may partake in that as well.

Smudge

Veteran
For anyone wondering, i'm not an alcoholic, i just like beer.... a bit too much :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Who would work Christmas Day in Starbucks? They must be skint.

Some people are quite willing to work on Christmas Day.

My youngest daughter (single, no children), always volunteers to work Christmas Day, so she can get paid higher rate, and, have New Year's day off, to nurse her hang-over.

It does mean I have to put on my taxi driver outfit, to give her a lift to work, since no buses or Metro.

Tips aren't very good. ;)

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Always used to go out on the tandem for an hour while dinner cooked with kids in trailer/ tagalong/ own bikes, tinsel streaming from all our helmets. Now teenagers, they wouldn't be seen dead doing that!

Happy days.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some spoons may be open. Decent coffee. And scrooge would applaud the free refills.My london local from memory opens until about 3, then closes. I know this as i wandered down early one christmas day evening to find it all dark.
On the riding i will try to get round a certain holy hill in the morning - will be doing the cooking but not eating until 3 or 4. Means i can get by on just one proper meal.
Last year seem to remember that i arrived after a partial hill ride at one of my favourite churches at christmas day chucking out time - was sympathised with by the leavers but seem to remember that i, politely, put their minds at rest by informing that I was an atheist.
Try to avoid Spoons myself (horrible Brexit man)
Used to occasionally go for Tuesday steak but as I’ve stopped eating meat, the chain has nil appeal

vickster

Legendary Member
No

There are 364 other days less family oriented than Xmas Day. It's a time for spending with the family, rather than me selfishly going off for a solo bike ride, regardless of whether I want to or not
I’d only spend the time in bed or in front of the TV alone so... (I work 200 odd of the other 364 days, and spend about 20 of them away on holiday)
(I’ll go to midnight mass rather than the child (in)fest(ed) Christmas Day services)

Milzy

Guru
No

There are 364 other days less family oriented than Xmas Day. It's a time for spending with the family, rather than me selfishly going off for a solo bike ride, regardless of whether I want to or not
I used to think exactly the same. I reckon I could squeeze an hour in before the outlaws arrive. However what’s point in one hour? May as well do a few hours on Boxing Day.

Top Bottom