Cycling on Christmas Day ?

Christmas day cycling or family time

• Yes its ok !

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No Christmas day is family time not to be missed !

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A proper cyclist would start the new year with an imperial century :whistle:
My 2 sons should be with me so it will collectively be a century.....

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Yep, weather permitting. I either go on my own and enjoy the low traffic, bus free roads or meet a friend for coffee (unfortunately only Starbucks open but it's bearable once a year :laugh:).
Small family, no kids (luckily :whistle:)
I'll see the family in the afternoon/evening
Starbucks open on Christmas Day! Good to know as getting a min ride warmer is tricky on Xmas day.

Javabob

Probably going to this year as youngest is getting a new bike. So will probably be up & down the road outside the house.

Nice to see a few folk continuing the perverse (in view of brit weather) tradition of bikes as christmas presents. Well remember me and parents looking out the window on christmas day at kids riding their new bikes around.

Venod

Eh up
I have ridden on Christmas Day on occasions, but I have never enjoyed it as much as my Christmas Day runs, I used to do a 10 miler on Christmas Day I was always amazed how many runners were out exchanging greetings on passing, they say you never see a happy runner, I used to smile at everybody, you could see the disappointment when they realised running made people happy.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Starbucks open on Christmas Day! Good to know as getting a min ride warmer is tricky on Xmas day.
The Kingston Upon Thames one is, others around here weren't last year. Some petrol stations might be open wth their Costa machines or Wild bean at BP?

Mike_P

Guru
Christmas morning is busy with people going elsewhere. I expect around lunchtime would be quietest.
Not necessarily with people travelling for dinner at a pub, friends, relatives and Christmas dinners taking place later than normal at pubs etc due to the sheer number of bookings. One of my longest waits to get across the A59 at Menwith Hill was on a Christmas day ride a few years ago.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not necessarily with people travelling for dinner at a pub, friends, relatives and Christmas dinners taking place later than normal at pubs etc due to the sheer number of bookings. One of my longest waits to get across the A59 at Menwith Hill was on a Christmas day ride a few years ago.
Depends what you deem lunchtime ;)

davidphilips

Veteran
Last Christmas went out with a club member very early still dark,had a great cycle, back before every one was up in my house so a really great result just a pity he can not go this year might end up solo for an hour or two weather permitting?

DSK

In my younger days I used to take the motorbike for a good blast, knowing the roads would be quiet etc.

I'm getting a new bike next weekend and to be honest the Xmas period will be my only time to get some miles in. I do not drink so looking forward to perhaps a mid-morning ride but, I find the road are busier through xmas than what they used to be with perhaps and increased numbers of drink drivers.

Top Bottom