Cycling on Christmas Day ?

Christmas day cycling or family time

• Yes its ok !

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No Christmas day is family time not to be missed !

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Weather permitting I will be out for the Festive 50k mid morning before heading round to mum's for dinner, and possibly the same on Boxing Day as well.

As for New Year's Day (again weather permitting) - I aim to repeat last year's metric 100 if i can get going in time :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
There's no reason at all why you can't go out for an hour or so for a bit of quiet cycling me time.
your joking right ?
X mas means kids cant sleep the night before because their excited which means i get no sleep then we have the clan descend on us for the day so its play the happy host .
By the time everyone's gone im running on caffeine and sugar rush till i zonk out

Globalti

Legendary Member
Try being in a city like Lagos where it's important to visit extended family and be seen making generous donations in church; Sundays and big festivals can be the worst days for local traffic.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You don't have to ride alone, you can always call at mine and see if I am allowed to play out.... :hello:

That will both of you with sore ears ! :boxing:

iandg

Legendary Member
Always been a family day for me and never cycled on xmas day. I worked for a 24/7 service as a Biomedical Scientist in an NHS hospital laboratory for over 30 years so when I was not working xmas day there was all the more reason to be at home with my family.

Edit: I may have cycle commuted at some time in the past on xmas day.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have a tendency to cycle on both Christmas and New Years since nieces and nephews have grown up, nice to have a bit of exercise and not be underfoot in the kitchen. No big roasted fowl to lift from the oven for basting, etc. so I'm not really required for a couple of ham steaks. New Years is always the day to start your mileage for the year . Even if it is -10 C, like it is here, this morning.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Weather permitting I will be out for the Festive 50k mid morning before heading round to mum's for dinner, and possibly the same on Boxing Day as well.

As for New Year's Day (again weather permitting) - I aim to repeat last year's metric 100 if i can get going in time :laugh:
Whoa! You my friend need to get a life. There is more to living than cycling you know?
That will both of you with sore ears ! :boxing:
No. Mrs Skol likes Nickyboy, she thinks he is cultured and a good influence on me.... :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
your joking right ?
X mas means kids cant sleep the night before because their excited which means i get no sleep then we have the clan descend on us for the day so its play the happy host .
By the time everyone's gone im running on caffeine and sugar rush till i zonk out

No joke.
Even with kids I managed to get out for an hour or so.
It's not hard.

mangid

Guru
Yep, I get up at the normal time (4:40 and normally get 40 under the belt before starting prep for lunch and anybody else is up). Absolutely gloriously quiet.

Top Bottom