Cycling on Christmas Day ?

Christmas day cycling or family time

• Yes its ok !

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No Christmas day is family time not to be missed !

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'm going to have a flat-bar pootle for a couple of hours. Weather is nice and calm today whereas yesterday was a bit blustery and the forecast for tomorrow looks like it might be drizzling for much of the daylight hours and breezy.
Due to the weather being really shite for weeks, I haven't ridden anywhere near as much as I would have liked since September. Make the most of it when it's relatively pleasant. Riding in wind and rain just to keep my mileage up is NOT my idea of fun.

Got all my gear together, stuck the turkey in the oven and got out for an hour or so - lovely day here

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Beautiful sunny day here as well so I got out for just over a couple of hours this morning for 35 miles in the countryside then, after a shower & shave, another 7 mile round trip to mum's for Christmas dinner.

Milzy

Guru
No no no, not with a 4 year old loving the day. It’s a good rest day, there’s always Boxing Day to ride when there’s no family visits.
Don’t get me started on the festive 500. Big impact on your immune system if you’re used to turbo trainer. Also by the time you’ve got your 500 k done there’s not much rest time before been back to work. Then you’ll be thinking where did the time go?
Be sensible, spend time with loved ones & ride smart.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Managed just under an hour today, after the rain stopped but before it got dark. Only saw one other rider and a couple of dog walkers, very few people about at all.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Turns out I did get out for a hour on Xmas day after all.

As it was the only day rain wasn't forecast, I got to take the youngest out on his new BMX in the morning. :becool:

Top Bottom